Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel shopping

AJAY79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm Sportswagon
Im in the market for a set of 20's for my wagon, and really like the look of fin type wheels (had Rota Gravels on my Forester)

I prefer a flat face (not convex / concave) to give the wheel 'height'.

I saw a wagon today sporting some 'Avarus' wheels and absolutely loved the look of them.

I immediately googled them and couldnt find an Aussie distributor listing the set i liked (AV6).

I dont mind the OX110's, but prefer a flat face version.

Anyone have any suggestions on a similar looking alternative?

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
got any photos mate? So we can see what ones you're talking about? I'm not familiar with any of those...

Last edited:

AJAY79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm Sportswagon
Worst thread I've ever seen... Haha

Not quite sure how to take that mate lol

Love your wagon BTW. Ive read through your build thread a few times and love the tasteful mods.

Ive just recently sold my highly modified Forester and if i start spending too much on the new car, the mrs will probably throw me out!!

(I too have an SV6 Storm Sportswagon (in the all too common white lol). This ones staying stock!!

At first i was looking at the E3 SV wheels in black, but now having second thoughts.

Any suggestions on the finned wheels welcome..

Ps - concave / convex looks awesome, but my preference is flat face.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
A lot of the OEM HSV and HSVi wheels should fit the bill for what you're looking for. They're not the cheapest alternative but you can usually get a set with good rubber on them from someone for cheaper through ebay/gumtree.
Lots of people with deep pockets and/or understanding partners (like waynebatt) spend large on fancy rims from overseas and just flog the originals as an after thought.

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
I don't mind the OX wheels but be aware I had a set on my old ute and they took a hell of a lot of work to balance. I agree with what he said^^^^^^^^^

AJAY79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm Sportswagon
I don't mind the OX wheels but be aware I had a set on my old ute and they took a hell of a lot of work to balance. I agree with what he said^^^^^^^^^

Thanks mate - any pics you can share??

What do you mean by them being difficult to balance??

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Haha it was easy for her to be understanding when she doesn't have to pay for them lol... Might have been a different story if I put my hand out for half the $$? Hahaha

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
IMG_5854.JPGIMG_5852.JPG
OX801_B.png

They required a lot of wheel weights to balance properly. Hope that answers your question