Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel shopping

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I don't mind the OX wheels but be aware I had a set on my old ute and they took a hell of a lot of work to balance. I agree with what he said^^^^^^^^^

View attachment 181742View attachment 181743
View attachment 181744

They required a lot of wheel weights to balance properly. Hope that answers your question

What brand are those rims and where did you source them as info like that is a great help to other members and allows us to avoid them like the plague.

I haven’t bought off the shelf rims in 20 years and the last set of locally made rims I had were a set of Dragways for a Torana which was also about that long ago.

I’m currently waiting for my seventh set of O/S rims and I must say there are a couple of obvious rules to follow and you shouldn’t have much problem.

The first is to buy reputable brands, if you can’t find talk about them on the internet then don’t touch them.

I know even the good brands can have the occasional hiccup but they will also have many fans and you will quickly learn if they have an acceptable build quality.

For example the Vossens like waynebatt has on his wagon has many oversea fans and much can be found about them on US car forums, in particular the BMW and MERC Forums.

The second if you’re not sourcing from the manufacturer is to research your supplier and be sure they are as equally reputable as the rims.

The net is a wonderful place for info these days.

Rims that can’t be balanced are cheap and the old story of you get what you pay for comes into play.

If they were pricey and like that and they won’t give you a refund then you should be screaming it to the world.

I’ve sourced O/S rims from local distributors, overseas distributors and the manufacturers themselves and I’ve only ever had one problem.

A rim arrived with shipping damage.

The manufacturer asked for photos and then said to keep it as a spare and apologised that it would take a few weeks make and deliver another to me.

I can’t complain about that service and to make things better I had the damaged rim polished and it looked as good as new.

The golden rule is to always do your homework.

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
What brand are those rims and where did you source them as info like that is a great help to other members and allows us to avoid them like the plague.

I haven’t bought off the shelf rims in 20 years and the last set of locally made rims I had were a set of Dragways for a Torana which was also about that long ago.

I’m currently waiting for my seventh set of O/S rims and I must say there are a couple of obvious rules to follow and you shouldn’t have much problem.

The first is to buy reputable brands, if you can’t find talk about them on the internet then don’t touch them.

I know even the good brands can have the occasional hiccup but they will also have many fans and you will quickly learn if they have an acceptable build quality.

For example the Vossens like waynebatt has on his wagon has many oversea fans and much can be found about them on US car forums, in particular the BMW and MERC Forums.

The second if you’re not sourcing from the manufacturer is to research your supplier and be sure they are as equally reputable as the rims.

The net is a wonderful place for info these days.

Rims that can’t be balanced are cheap and the old story of you get what you pay for comes into play.

If they were pricey and like that and they won’t give you a refund then you should be screaming it to the world.

I’ve sourced O/S rims from local distributors, overseas distributors and the manufacturers themselves and I’ve only ever had one problem.

A rim arrived with shipping damage.

The manufacturer asked for photos and then said to keep it as a spare and apologised that it would take a few weeks make and deliver another to me.

I can’t complain about that service and to make things better I had the damaged rim polished and it looked as good as new.

The golden rule is to always do your homework.

I got them through jax tyres. I bought them because to me they were very similar to the black super sports that were released on the vf 1. I loved the look but was concerned about how much wheel weights were used to balance. Standard practice if u require a lot of wheel weight is to start again and rotate tyre on rim. That didn't work. Hence the reason I went Hsvi rims this time. Having said that when the ox rims were done they were good but did require a lot of wheel weights. That is why I agreed with Snow on Ajays post to go for Hsvi rims. They were ox rims.

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
Worst thread I've ever seen... Haha.... (Ok maybe not worst ever, but Def could of used some photos of the wheels you mentioned so people don't have to go searching to see what you're talking about haha, I've never heard of any of those.)

Coming from a bloke that's 2 cylinders short of a picnic. Just because your happy with your car doesn't mean you should talk down to someone that's researching to do theirs. I bet his old subi would flog your **** heap with or without your vossen wheels. #### me the blokes asking for help on sourcing some wheels. Piss poor dude

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
get over it dude... I already edited the post from the original after reading it sober... I'll go edit it again to keep u happy.

And in regards to my car ONLY being a 6.. What does that matter? What does that have to do with this guys thread or my comment? I'd rather a customised 6 that turns heads then a bog standard black on black 8 that looks like every other black on black SS getting round....

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ That's what makes the world go 'round!
Differences, variety.
Anonymity for me, thankyou very much, and any modification can be hidden where nobody can see it ... ;)

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
get over it dude... I already edited the post from the original after reading it sober... I'll go edit it again to keep u happy.

And in regards to my car ONLY being a 6.. What does that matter? What does that have to do with this guys thread or my comment? I'd rather a customised 6 that turns heads then a bog standard black on black 8 that looks like every other black on black SS getting round....

It not nice when people talk down to you is it.
He was just asking for advice and you grand standed yourself. How about just giving some helpful advice. If you had never heard of the wheels why comment on how bad the post was in your eyes.

And yes variety makes the world go round, if you prefer a 6 to a bog standard 8 that's your choice

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Cheers for that helpful life lesson

Glad that's settled then...