Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheels upgrade - speedo

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
This makes no sense....You are saying the manufacturer is building in an error whereby the car is travelling faster than the speedo shows, but then you say it saves a class action against the manuacturer for speeding infringements because it ensures you are travelling under the speed limit...You can't be travelling under the speed limit if the speedo is going slower than your actual road speed

I read it as the other way around - speedo reads faster than actual.

It's to do with ADR compliance. Speedometers are allowed to read up to 10% faster than actual speed but in no circumstance can they read lower than actual.

If they build in a slight tolerance (~5km/h over-read @ 100km/h is not uncommon) then small variations (tyre wear, tyre pressures etc) can't cause the speedo to be outside allowable limits.

It's got nothing to do with a class action and everything to do with adhering to ADR regulations. Particularly when considering that analogue switchgear is a bit inaccurate - I was driving a Colorado the other day, the analogue speedo was reading approx 103 or 104 km/h with the digital readout bang on 100km/h.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
You read it wrong VC, try again.

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Front to rear difference should be fine..but i am not 100% sure.

Has anyone put staggered redline wheels on non redline ? Did it trigger any errors ?
I have put staggered redline wheels on my SSV. Of course I was replacing 19" wheels with 19". So there was no change in the fronts but 9" rims on the rear with 275 tyres. It does not feel any different and shows no error codes.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I have put staggered redline wheels on my SSV. Of course I was replacing 19" wheels with 19". So there was no change in the fronts but 9" rims on the rear with 275 tyres. It does not feel any different and shows no error codes.
Thanks mate