Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyre deals for VF SSV Redline when we have only 2 tyres that are the same

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Last time I purchased wheels for the redline, I purchased 4 rears as I have two sets of rims. This time I only want to purchase two tyres but the deals for the buy 4 pay 3 don't apply the discount for 2 tyre purchases. Anyone else have this problem in Melbourne with Bridgestone tyres right now?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The buy 4 pay for 3 deal has never had a discount on buying 2.....

Suppliers generally have these discounts to help reduce stock for incoming shipments, despite what others may say.....

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Last time I purchased wheels for the redline, I purchased 4 rears as I have two sets of rims. This time I only want to purchase two tyres but the deals for the buy 4 pay 3 don't apply the discount for 2 tyre purchases. Anyone else have this problem in Melbourne with Bridgestone tyres right now?
If you buy a set of Bridgestone tyres (4 Tyres) for a staggered fitment, the discount applies at our local Bob Jane store, and they typically deduct the price of the cheapest tyre when front and rear are different sizes and prices.

Ccoastcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline, Ve ssv
The way it works is when the retailer orders 4 tyres from a supplier 3 tyres are invoiced and the 4th sent to them for free.
the free tyre is then passed onto the customer.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The way it works is when the retailer orders 4 tyres from a supplier 3 tyres are invoiced and the 4th sent to them for free.
the free tyre is then passed onto the customer.
I don't know how it works internally, but when I bought as set of Bridgestone S007A's from Bob Jane on their advertised deal "buy 4 and get 1 free", the 2 front tyres 255/35 20's were sourced from Bridgestone SA, and the 295/30 20 rear tyres nil stock at Bridgestone, were sent to SA from a Bob Jane store in QLD. I still got the advertised deal as Bob Jane's were compelled to provide.

Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I don't know how it works internally, but when I bought as set of Bridgestone S007A's from Bob Jane on their advertised deal "buy 4 and get 1 free", the 2 front tyres 255/35 20's were sourced from Bridgestone SA, and the 295/30 20 rear tyres nil stock at Bridgestone, were sent to SA from a Bob Jane store in QLD. I still got the advertised deal as Bob Jane's were compelled to provide.

The way Rodney Jane, woops Bob Jane works with corp stores (which are all South Adelaide stores), is they have access to all inventory from all other corp stores within Australia....I would say 99% of Bob Jane stores in Adelaide are corp owned stores....Rodney pushed a heap of franchise owners out so he had more control than he already did

So the store you went through would have jumped on their system, found them in QLD and got that store to send them.....Would have taken about a week to get them in....

And it's not really Bob Jane compelled...It was Bridgestone.....Generally the specials run for a month too....

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
ive never had an issue with the buy 4 pay 3. i went through JAX and same deal, one of the fronts is the free one being cheaper.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
And it's not really Bob Jane compelled...It was Bridgestone.....Generally the specials run for a month too....
Although the "buy 4 and get 1 free" deal is Bridgestone's special. Bob Jane the retailer is absolutely compelled to honour specials and prices they're advertising under the relevant consumer protection laws.

I would say 99% of Bob Jane stores in Adelaide are corp owned stores
Within 1.5km from us, we have Bob Jane, Beaurepairs and Tyre Power stores. I don't know the corporate structure of the local Bob Jane store, but they'll undercut the others without hesitation and quote a cheaper price on the same brand tyres. There are brands that Beaurepairs and Tyre Power sell that Bob Jane doesn't sell but same brand tyres, the others can never or won't undercut Bob Jane prices.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Although the "buy 4 and get 1 free" deal is Bridgestone's special. Bob Jane the retailer is absolutely compelled to honour specials and prices they're advertising under the relevant consumer protection laws.

Within 1.5km from us, we have Bob Jane, Beaurepairs and Tyre Power stores. I don't know the corporate structure of the local Bob Jane store, but they'll undercut the others without hesitation and quote a cheaper price on the same brand tyres. There are brands that Beaurepairs and Tyre Power sell that Bob Jane doesn't sell but same brand tyres, the others can never or won't undercut Bob Jane prices.

Other stores will undercut by contacting suppliers, but seems they can't be bothered....

By the sounds of it, you are near Andy's......Honestly, I don't blame you not going there and deal with Bob....Andy's isn't the most appealing place to shop to say the least;)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

I had a similar experience when buying a set of staggered PS4Ss from BJs when COVID had disrupted supply. No stock in Victoria so one pair came from NSW and the other pair came from Qld. But no dramas and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them.