Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when talking suspension height legalities and pictures of SSL

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
i have no affiliation with Pedders what so ever, just from my experience i find Pedders to be a much better product built to much higher standards. your entitled to your opinion and im entitled to mine. Unlike alot of people i dont just want to slam my car to the ground for that "look" i also want to maintain handling performance. im sure there are many arguments on threads about silly things like this so im going leave it at that. maybe do some research on product testing on the net for King and Pedders products... just saying.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Considering I participate in motorsport events with my car Id say handling is high on my priority list. With the King SSLs and a wheel alignment setup for handling not tyre wear the car corners beautifully while also being pleasing to the eye.

I never trust product comparisons as theres always someone putting money in someones pocket for a good result.

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
like i said, everyone has their own opinions. maybe its just that King springs have varied product qualities because i have friends that have been through hell with their Kings (compression issues, uneven ride heights, camber problems etc.) but switched to Pedders and the problem goes away. good to know that you have got a "good" set of springs in your car.

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
VicRoads have cleared my SSL's on 19" wheels with subs in the back

121a9w6.jpg

edit pic size

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
also, does anyone know of anybody that has been denied their claim because of having illegal modifcations done to the car? mainly stressin bout that

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
looks good. also, i have heard that with the ssv wheels on VY/VZ commodore cos the wheel is so wide you get scrubbing on the inside of the trye casue by rubbing against a strut or something, but can be fixed by using a arrower tryre? is this true cos its turned me off from getting them for my car. im going to be getting ssz 18s instead of the ssv 19s

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
like i said, everyone has their own opinions. maybe its just that King springs have varied product qualities because i have friends that have been through hell with their Kings (compression issues, uneven ride heights, camber problems etc.) but switched to Pedders and the problem goes away. good to know that you have got a "good" set of springs in your car.

Who knows, Ive been running kings in all my cars since '98 and had quite a few cars, no issues at all.