Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When t's Time I's Time

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Sadly the MRI has upgraded the cancer to Gleeson 8 and aggressive growth, so out it comes in 4 months ... IF the bone scan I have to have is cancer free. The MRI has an issue with a bone. If the scan shows bone cancer the operation changes to getting it zapped. So either way some action coming my way fast and none of it pleasant.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Ok, so not the best news we could have, but hang in there. We are all behind you in this fight.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Had my bone scan today + a 3D hip scan - was almost 2 hours with arms above my head.

So now for the wait for the doctors report.... the wait is so long - but cant change what the news will be.

Can only hope now :)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Thoughts are with you mate.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The visit to the nurse looking after my case - prep for surgery in a few months time turned out to be very helpful. I already understood most of what was going to happen with prostate removal and the issues that follow, not much I can do to change that. But we all would chose to live and let sex go if given the either or choice. But there is still some hope for me yet on that front, the nurse was well informed and explicit.

The biggest part was getting a prostate cancer nurse to go over the issues of secondary bone cancer if the report comes back positive next week. The fear I had was that I would be very sick quickly and not able to travel. But the first thing they do is give hormone treatment (turn off man hormones) to stop the food to bone cancer which in turn slows the growth side of things. If I do have secondary bone cancer (they will see the prostate cancer cells in the bone scan) it is not curable and a management process for pain and movement till the end. The treatment will work well if found early and it looks like I have it early.

So fingers crossed this life of mine may just chug along for a bit longer. I may just get a few years in Seattle yet. The despair I have felt over the past few weeks has ebbed away just a little bit now.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You are doing the most important thing and that is talking about it. Sharing your journey and being as informed as you can be is good for your state of mind. Well done and stay strong. As others have said, thoughts are with you and yes, we are all here for you. I know it's just a forum and we are just words on a screen, but we will support you any way we can.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
You are doing the most important thing and that is talking about it.

This. My father in law passed away a couple of years ago from cancer. He barely shared anything with the family. It made it hard for us and I hate to think how hard it would have been for him.

Best wishes to you Shane.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
My step father passed away just under a year ago now from Prostate Cancer, unfortunately he was diagnosed too late because he had ignored the symptoms for too long so I know how hard this must be for you as I have watched someone suffer with this terrible illness.

You are doing everything right Shane, from what I have read you have caught it reasonably early are taking all the right steps, I have high hopes that your outcome will be much much better due to the fact you have been getting the recommended treatments and help you need.

The very best thing is that you have a goal to work towards, the power of the mind can do wonders for the body. The fact that you want to be in Seattle and that you have something to work towards is the best treatment. If you start to give up, thats when you get worse. Stay positive!.

I hope for the best mate!

Last edited: