Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
x1 Jan 17-Unreg SS sedan Phoenix Holden with 69klms.

x1 Sept 17-Unreg, SS Sportswagon Gibbons Holden with 19klms.

I think these are the last two base SS varient on car sales.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
For shits and gigs I thought I’d check how much Stingers are going for with under 10k km. Definitely cheaper than a Redline. Taking off my Holden hat, they’re a lot better value for money as far as 4 door sedans that are quick go.

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
$49 950 - July 17.
Apparently the dealers pressured GM into the Warranty.
Metro Motors in WA bought 30 SS when last orders were called.
This was their last one. (Couldn't resist)
Going in tomorrow for its 1500 km complementary service.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
still new ones on car sales i'm betting 2020!!!!

BAitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6
At present there are still a small number of SV6 sedans and sportwagons in various Holden dealerships throughout the country, with far greater number of the latter. One such sedan is in Heron White with 29-kms on the clock. The vehicle is located at Lieschke Motors, in Holbrook, NSW. An obliging chap, Kelvin Webb at this dealership provided me with all the details of the car which at present is listed on Gumtree. The car itself is of June 2017 build, so if anyone is interested, yes I know it is not a V8, but is a six as the original Holden was all those years ago.
As far as I have been able to determine, there are still two other SV6 Sedans that can be classified as "new" apart from the above. These are a Son of a Gun Grey with 18 km at Graham Betts Holden in Armidale, NSW, and another Heron White in the west at Lewis Holden, Moora in WA, with 40-km although it is possible this has been sold since I last checked with them.
Here is a pic of Lieschke Motors SV6 in Heron White:
Holden SV6.jpg

Possibly the last remaining Heron White SV6 remaining that has never been registered, and is still a brand-new car, 515 days since the last Holden drove off the now-silent factory in Elizabeth, SA.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There are at least 6 SV6's at Steinborn Holden in Gawler S.A as of today (19/3/19), that I counted driving past....

So I suspect there are a fair few, not listed in car yards around the country

BAitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6
I am referring to new vehicles, not second-hand. I am well aware of the inventory of Steinborner, and their stock includes
6G1FB5E3XHL310344 with 6,166kms, 6G1FB8E33HL327911 with 6,841kms, 6G1FB8E35HL325254 with 7,010 kms,
6G1FB5E35HL303401 with 50,493kms, 6G1FB5E31HL307378 with 57,804kms, 6G1FB5E37HL328090 with 59,043 kms,
6G1FB8E38HL304639 with 61,155 kms, and 6G1FB5E38HL313467 with 61,911 kms. I have not checked their current stock as shown on their website to compare it with the above vehicles, but I am writing about those brand-spanking new vehicles that have not left the showroom or sale yard. Although dealers may have changed their category from "new" to "used" or even "demo" that does not alter the fact that they are in fact new cars, albeit two years "old".
At any one time there are approximately 485 MY17 SV6 secondhand on sale throughout Australia. I have absolutely no idea how many VF Commodores of all series that are on sale which could number into the thousands.
I guess the title of this Topic is a little confusing as the last VF to sell, like any motor vehicle is indeterminable, which could continue for the next 50 years. I can only presume the original author intended the Topic to refer to the last "new" and previously unregistered VF to leave a dealer's showroom. That is what I have been posting for the past few months anyway!

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I am referring to new vehicles, not second-hand. I am well aware of the inventory of Steinborner, and their stock includes
6G1FB5E3XHL310344 with 6,166kms, 6G1FB8E33HL327911 with 6,841kms, 6G1FB8E35HL325254 with 7,010 kms,
6G1FB5E35HL303401 with 50,493kms, 6G1FB5E31HL307378 with 57,804kms, 6G1FB5E37HL328090 with 59,043 kms,
6G1FB8E38HL304639 with 61,155 kms, and 6G1FB5E38HL313467 with 61,911 kms. I have not checked their current stock as shown on their website to compare it with the above vehicles, but I am writing about those brand-spanking new vehicles that have not left the showroom or sale yard. Although dealers may have changed their category from "new" to "used" or even "demo" that does not alter the fact that they are in fact new cars, albeit two years "old".
At any one time there are approximately 485 MY17 SV6 secondhand on sale throughout Australia. I have absolutely no idea how many VF Commodores of all series that are on sale which could number into the thousands.
I guess the title of this Topic is a little confusing as the last VF to sell, like any motor vehicle is indeterminable, which could continue for the next 50 years. I can only presume the original author intended the Topic to refer to the last "new" and previously unregistered VF to leave a dealer's showroom. That is what I have been posting for the past few months anyway!

So you checked their website, not their yard.....With Steinborner, I am going by what I saw driving past and suspect the 6 or so I saw may not have been them all.....After all, you can only glance when driving by....And Steinborner have at least half a dozen car yards in Gawler....I only glanced into 1 of them....

As I stated, I suspect there would be a fair few around NOT listed on ANY WEBSITE, that are NEW....

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
You might be interested that I took my new SS for its 1500 km service yesterday and said "please change the oil as it's been sitting in the yard for 12 months". That's OK she said we change the oil and filter for the 15000 km service - no I said it's the 1500 km service - no she said the first Capped Price Servicing is at 15000 km OR 9 months. No problem really; happy for them to do it - only cost $50 more than the oil & filter + labour. The service manager told me all unsold VF needed to be registered and recorded as demos when the new Commodore arrived. Instructions from GM. Of course I now have only the balance (6 years) of the 7 year warranty.

BAitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6
Interesting about that statement regarding instructions from GM (GMH) that all unsold VF are to be registered and classified as a demo, as that is not really accurate based on visits to a number of dealers as well as other sources. But I am not going into discuss a conversation with a service manager!
However, that does not alter the fact that I am interested in new vehicles that have NOT been registered to a new buyer. Not a Holden or any other dealer for that matter but a private individual.
But if we are going to start splitting hairs, then I may as well withdraw from continuing to provide (what I thought) would have been useful information on the remaining stock of Holden Commodore VF MY17 vehicles throughout the country as certainly it appears I am most likely wasting my time. As for vc commodore, it is all very well to drive past many dealers and pass comments but it would not hurt popping in and having a chat with them and sharing any information provided with the wider Commodore community. Incidentally, I have not only used their website but other sources as well, but as I stated earlier, I am wasting my time.