Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
What is interesting is the 3-year warranty. I purchased my MY2017 VFII SS in February 2019 - I have a 7 year (in writing) GMH warranty.
The dealer explained they has pushed GMH to increase the warranty period to help move the final stock.
Metro Motors Perth purchased 30 SS / SS Redlines at the end of the production run. Mine was the last SS they had in stock. There was one Redline remaining.
There was 30km on the clock although the Reg No. indicated registration in late 2017 / early 2018. New cars are normally registered soon after purchase. The dealer told me GMH insisted all old stock was registered once the new "Commodore" was in the showroom so there was only one type of new commodore customers could see.

Last edited:

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
i don't know when of if it will sell but the last will be this one!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...n-vf-series-ii-auto-my17/SSE-AD-5582736/?Cr=6

it mentions in the ad that the car is being maintained under a 'preservation cycle'. However, I remain firmly unconvinced that allowing a machine designed to be driven (at least on occasion) to sit idle, with crucial moving parts remaining completely stationary, is in any way good for its long term health.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
"1 year balance of the new car warranty" and NO test drives??????? Really!!

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I get that he wants to keep the kms ultra low. But after having sat for 2+yrs completely undriven..you bet I'll want to take it for a test drive before parting with my hard earned. Who knows what's dried out or starting to seize etc..

NigelD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Series II 2017
Battery died within a year and the wiper rubbers were crap - neither covered by warranty. No surprise.
Everything else - fine.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It's actually the first ever production VF, not just Calais. Personally, for the first vehicle of the last ever local model series, never registered, the price is pretty damn fair.

That price will be for bait purposes only.

Given the register your interest concept, I expect they are running a silent auction.....they will be expecting much more than that price, esp given the dealer that it is.

I thought the heritage collection was being preserved but now it seems one example is for sale.... or is it since you need you need to “register your interest” o_O

They auctioned a bunch of vehicles off last year. That Calais was one of them.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
That price will be for bait purposes only.

Given the register your interest concept

I jumped the gun and didn't read that part..it'll be like one of those 'price guides' at a house auction where the poor first home buyer thinks he has a chance until old mate investor beside him breaks out the blank cheque..

looks like a 6 figure proposition in that case..