Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where can I find a good 202 VK engine

enzo906

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3 Wagon
Thanks, and thanks for the humour.

First my air pump is still going stong (I have owned the VK since june 1985) it has 300,000K's on it but the motor was swapped recently with a higgingbottom reco and is half as powerful as the old one was and uses twice the fuel. Maybe not that bad but very disapointing!
I fully intend to rebuild whatever i find but need one that isn't a Gem or a Higgingbottom POS!

Not interested in power as I have motorbikes for that, just want my old car back the way it was before it lunched a piston on the freeway.
Have called wreckers but no luck, will try the list posted - thanks for that

As far as anchors go, well it's original and that matters more to me than speed.

Priestley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Do you have any wreckers up there where you strip the parts yourself?

Saw about 10 202 motors at Pick a Part in Kilsyth yesterday; no V8s unfortunately. You could get one out in less than an hour and it would be fairly cheap.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I may have a 40thou or 60thou block, pistons etc floating around, if your in a fix and you want std bore you could get it sleeved. but noting wrong with a 40thou bore anyway.

cheers
Scott

enzo906

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3 Wagon
Do you have any wreckers up there where you strip the parts yourself?

Saw about 10 202 motors at Pick a Part in Kilsyth yesterday; no V8s unfortunately. You could get one out in less than an hour and it would be fairly cheap.

I wish, we used to but they soon realised they can sell any crap for more than new as there is little to choose from. I have to travel 100K's nth or 100k's sth to get anything, and then there is not much too choose from. There is a list posted ealier (Thanks to whomever) I am working through it and have already had some promising phone calls. Of course this weekend when I visit them is the acid test as to wether they are as described

holden91

Kickin it sideways
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs series 3 ute, ve berlina and a eh wagon
get a **** blue3.3 and put about a grand into it. it beats v8's

commycraz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Hi mate,
I have complete blue motor out of a vh commodore same motor only does not have air pump
give me a call if interested only want a $100 for it

Priestley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
If you still have no luck finding one at a wreckers or on here you could head out to Fowles auctions, buy a whole car with accident damage, pull the motor out and sell the body for scrap. Same could be done through ebay if any come up cheap.

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
I have a virgin blue block at home, but I'm keen to hang on to it. I have a virgin black block as well which hopefully is fine, but I'm not sure until I get it apart.
A lot of people here don't like the 202, call them boat anchors and such. I have a lot of respect for the old sixes, because they've hauled a lot people around Australia for a lot of years, and they still do. And you can make reasonable power out of them, but I guess its too easy for most people to just drop a v8 in.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
If your still looking in about a year and a half ill sell you mine, it will probably have done 100,000 km by then though as im building up a V6 for my old girl when i get off my P's. Could use some new stem seals as it occasional blows a puff of blue on cold start up. Its completely stock too.