Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where does my mate stand i need help

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
ill cut to the chase my mate bought a vn 5 speed manual pet/gas from a car dealer today for 3500 was running sweet then he was driving up my street switched it to gas and it just turned off. Now when turning the key it does the old tick tick tick tick noise so i would assume its dizzy related? earlier on in the day i was driving it as he needed to drive his mums car back and it back fired on me on the highway also when ever idling in gas it would shut itself down. Now can he demand his money back or that they fix the car? The document he had said after signing it there is no cool down period but i mean it's pretty ****ed if it brakes 3 hours ****ing later if they refuse to fix/refund it do i get consumer affairs involved?

I feel at fault for the whole incident coz i had a quick check over the car and all seemed fine i also drove it and it was all sweet but naturally once the papers were signed it was ****ed

so yeh where does my mate stand and where do we go from here

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
any advice appreciated guys

vnkid

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Calais
im pretty sure with any car purchase from a 'licensed' car dealer comes with a 'Statutory Warranty' of approx 3 months.
obviously there are provisions in the Trade Practices act for the sale, and potentially contract issues depending on if the problem was not stipulated. One question though, did he test drive it??

mr_vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL CALAIS
yeah did he at least test it before buyin and i would be taking it stright back and telling them to fix it as you have only driven it home

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
yeh i drove it and it was all sweet i wrote out a letter stating i want it fixed or his money back otherwise id get in contact with consumer affairs its being repaired as we speak

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
if its got over 100 k on clock theres no warrenty what so ever from any dealers

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I thought every car sold from a dealer had to be roadworthy, and have a 3 month mechanical warrantee?
I know for sure that every car I looked at from dealers last time I was buying a car had at least 3 months warrantee on it

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
yes it has to be RWC but thats got nothing to do with the lpg/gas try flicking it back onto petrol and start it up again might be a blockage in the gas line or somthing my mrss mums car used to do this. and like stated above they dont have to give u any warrenty if its over 100k its the risk u take when u buy and old car. I personally would not use gas anyway unless it came factory with it.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
well like i said i basically threatened to take them to court and involve consumer affairs and the car is in the shop atm being fixed

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
go get a test done then go back to the dealer and get all the problems fixed under a 3 month stat warranty that would have come with the car.

they will feed you full of all sorts of **** to get out of fixing it but if the car has been purchased within 90 days for a price of 2999 or above it comes with a 3 month stat warranty.