Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where have people's manners gone?

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
Maybe its just me working in a high end car dealership but ive just noticed of late the amount of people who are just plain angry! Why? everyone i deal with seems to lack respect but has heaps of attitude, customers with unrealistic demands, mechanics carrying on like 2 year olds when everything dosent go 100% smoothly. couriers that are snappy. Sorry for the rant but its hard to get up in the morning and look forward to work when everyone you deal with has a sour face and an attitude to match, its quite unplesant actually. Bit over it. Maybe i need a career change. ok, feel better now lol.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
yeah most rich people need a hard kick in the teeth imo.
we had this one bloke that was going to drop his car in then head off interstate for business so he rings up while on his way to our shop and asks us to call him a taxi and went on about how he will be very upset if the taxi wasnt there when he arrived.
were like wtf how can we gurantee the taxi will get here before you do its not liek we control the fkn cabs ffs.
his own fault for running late that morning but he seemed to be taking it out on everybody else.

on top of that he forgot his laptop and wallet on our desk (wallet looked pretty thick btw) and had to come back from the airport to get it lmao so he missed his precious flight.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
maybe im noticing it because im stressed right now, were changing computer systems and our current system crashed for 3 days causing a 3 day backlog. so doing a days work the last few days has included 3 days worth of catching up crammed in. i did 3 hours overtime last night just to try to get some order on my desk :(. not looking forward to tomorrow coz i reckon i'll be at work for 15 hours and then i gotta come back sunday. im about to flip out :s

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
wait, mechanics act like 2 year olds? :whistling

what system you changing too??

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
were going from kerridge to reynolds & reynolds. aparently it will be heaps better. i'll just be happy if it dosent crash every second day.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
wait, mechanics act like 2 year olds? :whistling

Ha, I know advisors and salesmen that act like that. Have a hissy fit when they don't get their own way or have a car ready on time due to circumstances beyond the mechanics control.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
haha Ive only ever known Reynolds, not bad once you get used to it although Eralink is heaps better as its more GUI/web based.

Only problem is when I was at Reynolds when they were in Sydney they admitted the parts side is too complex to put into a graphical interface so if it ever happens it'll be waaaaaay off, so its the old dos based commands for now.

Good system once you know it, and the newer versions are actually quite stable :thumbsup:

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
thats what were going to Eralink by renolds. hopefully it isnt too bad to get used too. weve got around 200 employee's and were practically all changing over in one day so it will be full on lol.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Aren't you there to service the clients no matter what of attitude? Perhaps you do need a career change if it is pissing you off so much. Can't always deal with happy people, it is just unrealistic. Sure manners would be nice, but in a world where time is money, who has time to piss fart round with the complimentaries (is this such a word lol?)?

I am guilty of it, however, I always use a please and thank you. I'm never at a shop to make friends, so why would i be as pleasant as a 1950's housewife? Thats what I do when I work :p

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
yeah, i see where your coming from minux, usually it dosent bother me. After all, they are in a sence paying my wage. but of late it just feels like its gotten really bad. some of the foul words and attitudes that ive experienced of late makes you feel like they are looking down at you like an animal or something.

maybe its the stress gettin to me, give it a couple weeks and see what happens. gettin a lot of pressure from upper management of late so its not helping.