Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where To Buy Bilstein/H&R Combo in SA or Online?

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hi all,

I've been out of the V8 loop for a while so long time no post. Excuse me if this is posted in the wrong section.

I was just recently doing some research into where I could source a reasonably priced lowering package of Bilstein shocks and H&R springs for a VE V8, but unfortunately I'm not having much luck in regards to finding online stockists or stockists here in SA.

Can anyone help with a stockist and if possible what a reasonable price to pay would be so I know if I'm getting ripped off?

There is of course KPM here in SA but they seem quite pricey.

If someone could also just clarify which H&R springs I would want for lowering? I found a set of the black springs online for $400 which seems reasonable to me, however I'm not sure if they are suitable for lowering as I was under the impression the blue springs were the ones used for that nice lowered look? If this is the case then I'm finding it tough to find the blue springs anywhere besides KPM and at $800 for the set they seem a little overpriced to me.

I also found a full set of Bilstein shocks on ebay that include the VE strut housings for $1,300 delivered. Is this a fair price?

I appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Sizzling Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
You can find H&R springs on the sparesbox website for $550 at the moment. Can’t really help with anything else sorry!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Unsure about if the prices are good, but for the money you're spending you could get a pretty decent set of MCA coilovers. They're made in Brisbane and MCA will set the spring rates and valving for whatever you want (comfort through to tarmac or race). They also give really good technical advice for setup and supply direct. For their quality they're really good value. They also have the fastest World Time Attack Challenge car currently so their R&D is pretty good.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'm fairly sure, S.A suspensions at Pooraka sell whiteline products.

Spring colour is usually manufacturer specific. Red being pedders, Yellow being kings and blue I honestly can't remember.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I'm fairly sure, S.A suspensions at Pooraka sell whiteline products.

Spring colour is usually manufacturer specific. Red being pedders, Yellow being kings and blue I honestly can't remember.
Hi
I had a look on MCA wesite. They had different colours, with blue being their entry level sets.