Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to put amp?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
all im saying is that electronics are fragile! treat them with care.
more over why exert more external forces if you dont have to? regardless if an installer has not had an amp come back, do you want your amp to be the first???

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
regardless if an installer has not had an amp come back, do you want your amp to be the first???

Im guessing that was directed at me. No I don't want mine to be the first one to go back. The main reason that mine is mounted to the sub is that there wasn't really anywhere else to mount it because my car is on dual fuel, I couldn't mount it to the rear seat or underneath the parcel shelf. But at the end of the day the amp wasn't to expensive and I have already got a year and a half out of it, if I only got another 6 months before it dies I would be happy.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
nah not really, i could not even remember who posted it!
more of a rhetorical question.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
i just spent some time in my boot and i couldnt for the life of me find a decent place to mount the amp. i still think the easiest and most practical solution is to screw it to the box.

also would it matter if the ground cable were to become wet or damp. thanks.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
why would the ground come into contact with water?

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
boot leak..hmmm

I would fix the leak before I put any audio gear in my boot, because I wouldnt want any of it coming into contact with water.

Haydz

Fasten your seatbelts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE LS1 T56
well at least i think i have a leak because when i left the car for a month or so the boot was all damp.
but i have been checking recently and havent noticed any moisture so i thought id make sure as my ground is behind the carpet near the fuel filler cap.

Ra1d

omg thats the funky sh1t
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec, VL Exec
could be the fabled rear quarter panel glass seal leaking, there is a sticky on how to fix it on here i think. it may be happening in my car but i couldnt be bothered resealing it atm.