Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which amp ??

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I am running 6.5in Type-s's off 2 channels of a Schneider 4ch 800W max amp that i found for cheap.
I haven't been able to find RMS values fr it per channel, but I'd say it would be around 100wrms. As long as you aren't running the amp flat out it doesn't matter if it is a bit over powered

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
ohh rito then... sounds good then. maybe ill look for a bit bigger amp so i know i have a little bit to play with then. cheers mate.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
what else are you running off that 800watt amp ??

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
ohh yup rito. Yea i have another set of Type S speakers for the rear doors but have been advised they will be fine running off the headunit.

How did you go about the pods ?? I was advised that it can be done with some 6 1/2 spacers but am not sure how to connect the to the doors ??

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
ohh yup rito. Yea i have another set of Type S speakers for the rear doors but have been advised they will be fine running off the headunit.

How did you go about the pods ?? I was advised that it can be done with some 6 1/2 spacers but am not sure how to connect the to the doors ??

I haven't done mine yet, but I'll be using 6in spacers & fibreglass, and doing a few other little things on the door frim at the same time but that may not be for a little while

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
you won't need pods. I have fitted DD splits in the rear of my commodore before and they where 6 1/2" with a 4kg magnet, they had a mounting depth of something like 120mm . So just take of the back door get the plastic cover and cut the half piece that protects is from what ever is inside the door. and mount the speaker on there with 5cm screws and put it back on and walla your all done

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
ahhh true ?? alright ill pull the panel off one of the rear doors tomorrow and see what i can brake :p haha cheers mate.