Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which amp ??

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
ahhh true ?? alright ill pull the panel off one of the rear doors tomorrow and see what i can brake :p haha cheers mate.

Before you do "break anything" take pictures of the plastic bowl like speaker holder. So i can tell you what to cut so you don't stuff it up, like so many people have.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
ahh yup rito that would be great mate. ill post asap.

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
All done mate :D found it a breeze. I was just looking up Amps ounce again and come up with a clarion 2-way amp, and a fusion 2-way amp. they are both identical outputs and maxx watt and there isnt much price between them.... which would you prefer ??

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I am running 6.5in Type-s's off 2 channels of a Schneider 4ch 800W max amp that i found for cheap.
I haven't been able to find RMS values fr it per channel, but I'd say it would be around 100wrms. As long as you aren't running the amp flat out it doesn't matter if it is a bit over powered
hehe schneider....... Boss under a different name....
Yes I second this, better to slightly overpower than underpower by a lot.

The fusion and clarion will be much of a muchness. Just get the one with the lower price.

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
I would say Fusion, there higher end audio gear like the reactor amps are great value for money.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
hehe schneider....... Boss under a different name....
Yes I second this, better to slightly overpower than underpower by a lot.

The fusion and clarion will be much of a muchness. Just get the one with the lower price.

Lol garfa mate i don't think a rebadged boss would put out 4kW, schneider may not be the same brand you are thinking of nowadays...

holdenboy said:
Well here you go, phase II of my spl system in the VR wagon.

Schneider SPA-7000X Amplifier (4000wrms)
2 x SPL Dynamics XTR15D2 15" Subwoofers, Dual 2 ohm
4.8 Cu.Ft. Box, 32mm, 1 x 10" Port.

Built the subwoofer enclosure yesterday, took it to a local comp today and got 149.4db. Could be the loudest non-walled commodore in Aus.

60084d1235285085-post-your-car-audio-system-pictures-2009_0221newsplsetup0007.jpg

60085d1235285085-post-your-car-audio-system-pictures-2009_0221newsplsetup0008.jpg

VTCommy

up tha commodores!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
yea thats what i was looking at.. was the reactor series

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
Yeah they are a great little amp. Don't take much to run and will die when you do. They just keep on going. Although i don;t know much about the specs or that. all i know is that they don't need alot of power to run and they offer great clean crisp power to the speakers.