Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which model vs

R

ROONEY

Looking at buying a vs but don't know what model to get. Like the s pack but also the berlina.

stereo_god

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
my advice is to find one that has all the features you want but also at the right price. for example if you find an excelent executive for a great price go with it. but if you want power windows a berlina or acclaim will do the job.

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
Go the class route.
Buy yourself a nice VS Statesman and join the club......

Can't go past class. :)

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
Get a Berlina. It's like a poor mans version of a Calais without the leather seats and outside treaments, but you do get the climate a/c, trip comp, upgraded security system, fancy light switching i.e. if you leave your lights on after you turn off your engine they turn off when you open you door (you can even set the delay for this to happen as well), hand brake on chime, speed sensative intermittant wipers, low fuel warning chime.......

Last edited:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I like the el-cheapo executive because its basic - you can customise it whichever way you want. Whistles and bells are OK but they do break down. Being the most basic, the exec is also the lightest...and the fastest in V6 un-supercharged form. Also uses the least juice and is less attractive to thieves.

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
vsv8berlinawag said:
Get a Berlina. It's like a poor mans version of a Calais without the leather seats and outside treaments, but you do get the climate a/c, trip comp, upgraded security system, fancy light switching i.e. if you leave your lights on after you turn off your engine they turn off when you open you door (you can even set the delay for this to happen as well), hand brake on chime, speed sensative intermittant wipers, low fuel warning chime.......

How do you set the time frame on the delay on headlights off function when you open the door..... i know newer cars have this facility, but its called "find your way home", with a delay ranging from 15seconds, to 1-2 minutes.
Pretty cool. I didnt think this could be done on a VS?

D

death-from-above

VS Berlina's do it, I use it on mine.

Here is the instructions directly from the owners handbook:

Leaving the head/park lights ON when the engine is not running will eventually flatten the battery. To prevent this, the park/head lights will temporarily switch OFF when the ignition has been switched from ON to OFF and the driver's door is opened...... the car senses that the driver has forgotten to switch off the lights. The lights will stay OFF until the ignition is again switched ON.

On higher luxury models the headlights can be made to automatically switch OFF after you have locked the car and walked away, useful for illuminating a path. To set/adjust the time delay from when the drivers door is opened to when the lights automatically switch off:

• switch the park lights ON
  • switch the ignition ON
  • hold the tab for the instrument lighting in the dim position
  • switch ignition OFF
  • open driver's door (this starts the delay period)
  • wait a desired delay (meximum of 3 minutes)
  • release the tab for the instrument lighting (park lights go out and time delay is set)
If you wish to have the lights ON when leaving the car, wait until they have been automatically switched OFF, then turn the light switch first to OFF, then to PARK or HEADLIGHTS.