Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which Pioneer Head Unit

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Hi all,

I'm basically tossing up between two Pioneer Head Units, the Pioneer DEH-2750MP and the Pioneer DEH-P5750MP. Both models seem to have similar features with the exception of the 5750 consisting of an added 2 RCA preouts and being a fair bit more expensive. Can anyone shed any light on whether the 2750MP along side the Jaycar 6.5" front splits would work just as well as the 5750MP with the same speakers (both just running off head unit, no amp or subwoofer installed)?

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers All, Killer

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
both have the same amp on-board (50x4max) so it wont make a difference in that department, the deh-5750mp in my opinion is only of use if you want to run the car statistic program through it,,, though it does have a large shinny display screen which has a slide of some dolphins being all cute n stuff. i think they both have 3 pairs of rca outs (front, back and sub-woofer)
id go for the deh-2750mp it has everything you could need and its a bit cheaper and its a bit easier to use...

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You should look up the model you're talking about if you're going to give an opinion...

The DEH-P5750MP doesn't have a stupid dolphin display, it's just a normal coloured dot matrix style dispaly. It also has a "P" in the model number which means you can add a stacker or an auxillary input, like iPod, etc. It has high pass and low pass filters and some other audio features.

RichardW

Reaction score
I recently installed the 5750 I totally rate it. It is a excellent HU. I brought it on ebay brand new for $270. There is a company that sells them all the time for that price so it is not a one off. Do a search and you will see what I mean, there us usually about 5 per day.

Let me know if you want to know the name of the company I brought it through. I was the same weighing up between the two. Basically it came down to price and when I saw I could buy it on ebay for $270 my decision was made.

V

VKnVLCalais

matrix, the 1st one has 1 pre out, the second has 3, id go the 2nd HU, more preouts = more amps, and that can only be good!

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
how i would look at it is if at anytime in the future you will want to upgrade the system to have amps and all that then dont waste you money buying the cheaper one because you will just end up spending money on a better unit later on. but that said if you dont care about amps and dont want anything better than what you have go for the cheapy and buy yourself a slab so that it can make the installation process easier.:thumbsup:

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
i agree 100% with garfa
the 5750 is better if you wanto add amps now or in the future but if your 100% certin you dont want amps go with the 2750

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
what prices were you given for the two head units?

V

VKnVLCalais

i looked at the 5750 on ebay, my autobarn cant get anywhere near it on price. Ill be buying it from ebay very soon.

matrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Acclaim
beg my fuking pardon its the 7750 that has the dolphins. but who gives a **** realy?