Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which radiator from ebay?

joeyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC
i need a new radiator for my 91' VN executive , i need something cheap and something i can fit myself- ebay seems a good option..., does anyone have any experience with doing this ????, i dont know which series my engine is, does it matter?

im hoping to fit the radiator myself, is there a guide to doing this or is it ridiculously easy? i know very little about cars...

Last edited:

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
nah the damn things are made in china and natrad get em at same factory i've got them for 2 vrs off 2 different dudes on ebat . ones in my own car and hasn't given me any trouble and i've had the old bitch HOT a few times since installing it. you just gotta make sure u get an auto one if you got and auto. the two i got one came with right flanges for auto lines the other i had to take them off old radiator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I brought one off ebay for $120 about 3 years ago and fitted it myself, its a fairly easy job I havent had any problems with overheating since!

joeyd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN EXEC
hello richo,

i appreciate you answering my thread. i was wondering if you could help me as im probably going to buy this radiator for my 91' vn comm its an Auto, can you tell me what you think;

Holden VN-VP-VR-VS Commodore V6 Radiator NEW #1 Quality - eBay Other, Cooling Systems, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 29-Mar-10 10:18:33 AEDST)

do they put instructions in the pack for fitting it? also they say the two wired and bolts dont come with it, where do i get these?

much appreciated, joe.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
That one would be fine, installation is easy, just the four bolts at the back of the radiator, unplug your thermo fan, undo your hoses and drain radiator then just pull out

Hardest part of the install would be making sure you get the air out once you've refilled the new radiator

Don't know what those wires would be for as I haven't had to replace any wires on the 5 or 6 Commodores I've fitted Ebay radiators to as of yet

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
On the topic of cooling, where can you get those plastic barbs that are on the manifold from? There is one on the back and one on the front. I broke both of them :)

hsv_timo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT