Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which Smart Phone?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

Just want opinions here. I have had my iPhone 4 (32GB) for 2 years now (on pre-paid not a plan), and I am thinking of replacing it.

I haven't had any experience with other smart phones before, which is why I would like opinions from other people who have used other brands.

I am looking at the HTC One X S720E 32GB or the Apple iPhone 4S, but you are more then welcome to suggest any other brands.

Another thing I have been wondering is if I decide to stick with the iPhone, should I wait until the iPhone 5 comes out (if they release them).

My iPhone 4 has been a great phone and still looks brand new (always had a cover from new) and the battery (still original) still lasts 3-4 days before needing to be recharged, but it's starting to lag a fair bit which can be frustrating sometimes. The software has always been kept up to date.

Anyway, any advice would be great :)

Cheers,
Ben

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
In my honest opinion I would look at a Samsung Galaxy S2. People will tell you it's old tech blah blah. I just recently got one as their quite cheap now and it's most then you will ever need. HTC One X you can't change battery or throw in a new SD card.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Some good advice in this thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/lan-lounge/195140-windows-7-phone-andriod.html

My advice, go in and play with the different phones ur interest in.

This is the most important one. Never get a phone just off what you read on the internet.

Just viewed that thread and there is some good advice but they are asking what is the best operating system.

I also should probably mention that I use my phone more for web browsing, storing all my music, it connects to the headunits in 2 of my cars for handsfree. The advantage of the Samsung Galaxy S2 is that you can change the memory card as mentioned.

I might go down to JB Hi Fi when I get the chance and take a look at the phones that they have on display.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I only have the 16GB version of the Samsung Galaxy 2 but I have a 32GB memory card as well. More then enough space. Also the SGS2 is able to upgrade to the far superior Android 4.03 ICS build which makes the phone have a new lease on life.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I tossed up between the Galaxy s2 and iphone before going with the galaxy. I don't regret it. Awesome phone. And as above, can be updated from stock.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Yeah I have just been reading reviews about the Samsung Galaxy S2 and they all seem to be good, not too many bad things said about them so that's definitely an option.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Or wait until the Samsung Galaxy S3 comes out in a few months

It's already out in a few places and it doesn't appear to offer much more over the S2 besides quad core and the newest Android operating system. Which the Galaxy S2 can get anyway.