Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which Smart Phone?

firstvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Berlina
As others have said, it's best to go in store and check them out yourself to see what you find easiest and comfortable to use. I went with the Samsung galaxy nexus. Everyone in my family, and their friends have an iPhone so I knew straight away what I didn't want.I've have smaller, cheaper Android phones, but not a Samsung before, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I had my nexus about 2 days before my dad traded in his 2 month old iPhone 4s for a galaxy nexus.

The screen is amazing, and the customization is even better. There are that may ROMs to choose from that you're sure to find one that suits all your needs.

Good luck and have fun trying them all out, I'm sure you'll love it. If you get an Android, get Swype, it makes typing so much easier.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
5.7 inches would be too big to carry around in my opinion, 4.3 inches would probably be the perfect size for a phone.

Tee hee insert dirty joke here.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
smartphones are pretty much all the same now, regardless of it being iOS or android powered. the only things that really differ are screen size, storage and of course, cost and design.

I use a 4S, and it's pretty much flawless for what I use it for and the screen is amazing. I've owned a galaxy s2, and tbh it was garbage and the only thing holding it back was android.

I always snicker when I see someone using a galaxy note, that thing looks ridiculous when people hold it to their ear when taking phone calls.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have a galaxy s2 and an iphone 4. IMO the galaxy is a better phone, mostly because its tougher. I have experienced no problems with battery life with the galaxy.
The galaxy camera is better too.

If you decide to go with an iphone, I would wait for the next one. The difference between the 4 and the 4s is bugger all, you couldnt really call it an upgrade, very disappointing.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I have a galaxy s2 and an iphone 4. IMO the galaxy is a better phone, mostly because its tougher. I have experienced no problems with battery life with the galaxy.
The galaxy camera is better too.

If you decide to go with an iphone, I would wait for the next one. The difference between the 4 and the 4s is bugger all, you couldnt really call it an upgrade, very disappointing.

But it has Siri now so must be better.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Iphones are ok but **** at the same time… I own a 3gs and a 4 and previously owned a 4s and they are all ****.. 3gs randomly turns off then wont turn on for days and then works fine and also freezes, iphone 4 the home button plays up alot and battery is ****. I charge it 100% and its dead by the morning. goes flat while im sleeping. Also comes up restore needed and its been updated.. 4s is pretty much the same but as wraith said its so much better because it has siri to talk **** to when your forever alone haha… Havent tried the galaxy s2 but getting one soon after i sell the 2 iphones sitting in my room doing nothing.. Only good thing iv had with apple is my macbook. Never had a problem with it.

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
back then it was cool to be different, and they all had their own benefits and looks.
now its all the same. except maybe what system and a few pixels in the camera/display. they can all pretty much do the same thing anyway.

Cellphones-Before-Now.jpg

honestly. you want it for music in your first post.
is it easy to hook up any other phone then the iphone to your car?
most ways to hook up to a cd player etc now are ipod/phone/pad based, so that would be the easiest assumption with connecting it up.
its a case of its the biggest market so obviously more companies will make it to that item.
as a mate said "the world is being built around the iphone"

however go in, even if its to other phone retailers, have a fiddle around.
have a look at some other brands you wouldnt really consider. you may be surprised

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Hey guys the note is 5.3". Huge yes I think I have a picture of one with a sgs2 display somewhere. Besides it's huge size people love them and they sell them. What does Samsung call it a phablet?.

I charged my phone last night and it's 66%. it's over clocked custom ROM and it's never down for long basically i've got my life and work in this phone. I won't charge it again until 9pm. It's good enough for almost a full days use.

Attachments

• Rrr.jpg
    Rrr.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 163