Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which tyre for vn v6

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
I have bridgestone re92 and dunlop monza d8 in the rear for a while but today saw two nearly new Nankang in the wrecker. i am looking to getting it and put it on. which tyre do you guys use in your commy, how much do you recon to get the two.it is 205.

akallabeth

Reaction score
Members Ride
Da Mav
I just put some p6000 on and they are great. $109 at bob jane. second best tyre i have driven on (dunlop w1's were great).
hope it helps

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
thanks for that. I was informed that any tyres more than 5 or 6 year old could not be used, but one guy in Jax said does not matter, my dunlop is great, it gave me good handling and very quiet, but it was made in 2000.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The older the tyre the harder it gets, the elasticity in the rubber deteriorates and although it might last for ever, it will be like driving on ice. Truck drivers use this trick for their trailer tyres, they buy a few and put them in the shed for a couple of years and they last longer. Also they tend to perish, I wouldn't want to be driving on the highway when the sidewall blows out.

For the record I use a cheap brand that I can get for $69, only run stockies so I don't need expensive tyres, so far they have done 70 000kms and still going.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Many years ago as a tyre aged it got harder and you could get many more kms out of them. A mate got 80,000kms out of a set of mitchies on his LH torana sedan - steel belts hanging out and you wouldnt drive it in the wet...

New tyre technology has better rubber/oil compound and they dont harden as much as they used to. Only thing is if the tyre has been left out in the sun and started to perish - can fly apart and rip bumpers off and damage mud guards.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
When I had my 15's, I used Bob Jane all rounder and they lasted pretty good, though they are a cheap tyre. I would recommend them.

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
many thanks for this guys, I think if they ask 40 bucks for each I would buy it. how would you guys recon.

WaynoVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN V6 5 Speed
K104's

I've had a set of these on my VN for about 6 months. Absolutley awesome, great handling, superb in the wet, smooth and look great too.

Hankook Ventus K104
225/50/16...$200 ea

Attachments

• k104_eu_f.jpg
    k104_eu_f.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 224

dodgy

Reaction score
I would look at Yokohama C-Drives for about $150ea (215/60/15) fitted, have them on the Pulsar and VP, have done over 40,000km in them in 9 months in the Pulsar and they still stick like new. Great in the wet and the dry.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I had Front Bridgestone RE88 205/65/R15. Back Bridgestone ER30 Turanza 225/60/R15.. The Turanza's are bloody great gripping tyres in all weather, But in the wet they are very confident and impressive.
After i had a accident the fronts got toasted and flat spotted, So i had too stick the rears on the front and get my old ****ty remoulds from the shed on the rear.
Now the Turanza's are on the front they are just as impressive too me as they were on the rear, Better grip turning corners turn in harder and in the wet they are flawless cutting through puddles with ease. So when i get some $$$ i'm going too get a new set for the front of the Turanza's.