Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which tyre shine?

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Mothers FX is great on slick side walls. Great finish and doesn't come off and spray on the rear guards.

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
i use 1 of 3 tyres,
1. duragloss wet look tyre shine
2. autobrite berry tyre gel
3. premier one smik tyre shine

the first 2 i use on my car and on some customers cars. they last a fair while and use bugger a;;. the 3rd one i get in 20L frums for all other cars. looks good and lasts about a week with great shine then starts to loose lusture but stays nice n matt for alot longer

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
The sca stuff is good, thanks for the tip, but I think value for money is still the motortech, next will be meguires I think. But $26 is starting to get a bit steep I think

benhixon

hicko
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5ltr ute
+1 for motortech, that stuff works awesome and for about 3 bucks a can can't go wrong!!

BMBLBEE

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE Calais
Couldn't be bothered reading too far back BUT, meguiars tyre shine liquid and smear on is champion. But cheapest option and one I was til that is used a lot by detailers is dish washing liquid. Same concept as the meguiars stuff but obviously a lot cheaper. But I also always use meguiars haha :D

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Just the good ol cheap ass supercheap stuff is perfect. Picked up the maguires stuff once and this dude that had a car detailing business said to not even bother. Reckoned it was overpriced, messy, time consuming and the result was just as good as the cheap stuff anyway. Only time I dont bother with maguires lol