Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which VF SS OTR CAI is best ?

Which VF SS OTR CAI is best ?

• Harrop

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Orrsom

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • VCM

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Does anyone have a picture of the vcm intakes that have sealing issues? Think I may have one on my VE :(

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I like that Roto-Fab look but what advantage does it give over the standard airbox with just the OEM monstrosity replaced with a smoother pipe between the airbox and the throttle body?

Also of interest is which air intake offers the best performance gains over the OEM setup.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Does anyone have a picture of the vcm intakes that have sealing issues? Think I may have one on my VE :(
If its the old style with the frame, there's a possibility of sealing issues. Been there. Just remove it and wipe the plastic body in behind the filter with slightly damp paper towel or white cloth. Should be clean as a whistle.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Are you selling it?
yeah most likely (it has the connection on the elbow for the sound enhancer),

i dont think i would fit it now, even though i think i prefer the look of them.
im also MAFless now

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
I like that Roto-Fab look but what advantage does it give over the standard airbox
from reading the chevy ss posts, the rotofab is the preferred intake for the LSA, NA they still seem to prefer an OTR.
over a standard airbox, i think it has a bigger mouth to let air in, and yes obviously more free flowing.

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
I'm sure the OTR gets more power at high revs, but would the stock and rotofab get better torque at lower revs (1-3000rpm) where most of the driving is done?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
from reading the chevy ss posts, the rotofab is the preferred intake for the LSA, NA they still seem to prefer an OTR.
over a standard airbox, i think it has a bigger mouth to let air in, and yes obviously more free flowing.

So just cut another hole in the airbox like they use to do before the market had all the OTRCAI that are available now and add a piece of pipe to allow a smoother flow into the throttle body and Bob's your aunty.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If its the old style with the frame, there's a possibility of sealing issues. Been there. Just remove it and wipe the plastic body in behind the filter with slightly damp paper towel or white cloth. Should be clean as a whistle.
When you say frame do you u mean the little metal frame thingy that holds the filter in place? What does the later one have instead?

paulgar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 Calais V
yeah most likely (it has the connection on the elbow for the sound enhancer),

i dont think i would fit it now, even though i think i prefer the look of them.
im also MAFless now
I'm interested in buying.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I like that Roto-Fab look but what advantage does it give over the standard airbox with just the OEM monstrosity replaced with a smoother pipe between the airbox and the throttle body?

Also of interest is which air intake offers the best performance gains over the OEM setup.

Larger air intake and large surface area on pod filter. It made a noticeable difference to my LS3.
Oh, it has a nice induction sound too.