Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which way to face the subs

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hey dude...I'm the 12Voltking from CommodoreClub.net

Trust me...go to the rear, you won't be disappointed.

NHS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
I was told by the guy who fit my system that its best to point the subs to the back. Apparently the bass wave is at its best after its travelled 9/10 ft so to get the best sound point it to the back n the sound will bounce off the back of your boot and back into the cabin. Apparently that is better then pointing the sub forward as then you only are theoretically 4 feet away from the bass. Sorry i couldn't explain it better but im no expert but the guy who told me this does car audio for a living and has been doing it for ages…

hope it helps

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Tony...yeah, point to the arse...it's along the lines of what Propane said...if you really want to know...then I can hit you with a very long winded post about it all. Just sing out if you want it.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
if no-one else wants an essay as to why, could you email me to [email protected] what you would post trunk? I wouldn't mind sifting through it all.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Propane said:
I was told by the guy who fit my system that its best to point the subs to the back. Apparently the bass wave is at its best after its travelled 9/10 ft so to get the best sound point it to the back n the sound will bounce off the back of your boot and back into the cabin. Apparently that is better then pointing the sub forward as then you only are theoretically 4 feet away from the bass. Sorry i couldn't explain it better but im no expert but the guy who told me this does car audio for a living and has been doing it for ages

Well, theoretically (this is coming from a complete guess, with very little sound education lol) wouldn't the bass then be slightly caught up in the boot area, causing more rattles than bass in the cabin?

The only thing im worried about with facign the speaker face towards the towball is increasing boot rattles, and losing out on a bit of bass.

NHS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
tr3nt said:
Well, theoretically (this is coming from a complete guess, with very little sound education lol) wouldn't the bass then be slightly caught up in the boot area, causing more rattles than bass in the cabin?

The only thing im worried about with facign the speaker face towards the towball is increasing boot rattles, and losing out on a bit of bass.

As i said im no expert its just what i was told but i think the bass would have just as much chance getting 'caught up' in the boot area if you are pointing it forward. unless you have the rear seat boot access down. (it doesn’t get caught up imo)

Rattle wise, i have 2 12s and the only time i can detect rattling is when i have it up too loud and my rear view mirror violently shakes or when im out side of the car. Inside the car i get great base and hear no rattles at all...

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah. This is my permanent setup (see pic)

I occasionally show off my sound setup when im out at places with my mates - not to be a ******** or anything, just for something to do. I get the most minor rattles at the moment cause my subbox has airleaks :ranting: which sounds like distortion.

Attachments

• subdemo.jpg
    subdemo.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 179

NHS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Originally thats how I wanted mine set up.

Mate its cool to show off! My mates has a stock system in his vx atm n every time his in my car or I drive by his house I turn it up just that extra bit louder just so he knows what his missing out on. He gets pissed off but hey if u got it flaunt it!
:yeah: