Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which way to face the subs

fentos

Reaction score
Yeh, Propane is correct. If you face the sub towards the back it will rebound and come back off towards you at more angles from memory.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have an article I wrote laying around somewhere...if I can find it I'll post it. IF not I will rewrite something similar tomorrow afternoon....I promise! Y'all kick my arse if I don't eh ;)

But remember....towards the BACK not the front.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
the bottem line is its quality ... i reckon someone would be more impressed to hear how clear and punchy something can be rather than look behind them and see some silver thing sticking between the seats.. The sub works the best in the boot facing the back because the sound bounce around the boot creating a larger rumble! thats my personal opinon, i have had them facing the front and back and in between seats and its the best in the middle of the boot facing backwards!

mrc25381

MRC
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Series II V6
so what about if u leave the box as it is facing now and actually take out the sub and turn it around so it is facing the inside of the box.. what would that do?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
not bloody much apart from change the looks

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
I have two 12s facing into the cabin on 45 degree angles (through the ski hatch) and it sounds unreal, feels unreal, and looks unreal. It is crystal clear and extremely bassey and have never heard a complaint about it. when I only had 1 12 I tried it both way and it sounded better facing forward but with the door closed it sounded bad.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
.....if the change is so small that its not noticible put the big fat bit int eh box and save some space. face to rear.