Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whipple charged 304 VS ute

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive and vs s3 ute
Well I hope everyone had an awesome holiday, I resprayed my mates vl and it turned out awesome! So after I get my t56 in I'm going to respray mine in java black pearl. Anyways pics below

600_97394_84364.jpg

600_95557_97091.jpg

600_65793_66965.jpg

600_95557_46887.jpg

600_28630_43571.jpg

600_37369_48254.jpg

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well it's been a while, a few things have happened over the past month. Including shearing my wheel studs again, whilst travelling at around 80km/h, which gave the Ute a bit of damage to the rear.

To top it all off cops came and gave me a defect aswell. So the Ute is going to get deregistered as I haven't changed the gearbox yet.

Future plans this year include installing the t56 in the next coming weeks, then taking it to the panel beater, installing mini tubs, and getting a full respray in the same colour.

Hopefully I will get it reregistered by powercruise

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
How do u shear wheel studs? Do your rims not locate on hub properly?

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Do your rims need the little angled spacer to centre it on the hub or like ssute says do they not locate properly ??

Something is odd there man

Wheel studs don't just break for the hell of it there is a cause to it

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Yup exactly, either loose wheel nuts but would be a hell of a vibration or bad fitting wheels that are loading the wheel studs instead of the hub, maybe missing the plastic locators? My simmons use them.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My Cheetahs have those locators as well.

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it's definitely the wheel not locating properly, 3rd time it has happened now. Didn't happen at all during powercruise whilst I was running steelies

Vs hsv manta

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs hsv manta
Does it have the correct wheel nuts ???

All the rims iv used have a tapered nut like steelies do but have come with the lug nuts for them wheels and I have used them and also come with the ring to go over the hub as well

If you have 60 degree, 45 degree, or long or short fat or skinny shank type nuts on a wheel that has a different seat to witch ever your using your gona have a bad day
Just a idea

http://youtu.be/JnPJhRNUmPo

Biglachs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Does it have the correct wheel nuts ???

All the rims iv used have a tapered nut like steelies do but have come with the lug nuts for them wheels and I have used them and also come with the ring to go over the hub as well

If you have 60 degree, 45 degree, or long or short fat or skinny shank type nuts on a wheel that has a different seat to witch ever your using your gona have a bad day
Just a idea

http://youtu.be/JnPJhRNUmPo

I'd say so, they are hsv grange wheels so I don't see why the taper would be different to steelies