Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Parents paid, however I am paying them back the money, so I am buying the car as such. VP berlina.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I paid for my first car, VP lexcen, $2500. got a loan for my current car which im still paying off.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, '23 hilux SR5, E3 senator, 85 VK LS1
I've bought all my cars, first was a Vh commy on gas for $4000

blackpearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
my first car a paid for and my bike i never had a rich mummy or daddy or even a family i was a care of the state child.
if i had a family that brought me a car then so be it but your all saying that if you were well of that you would not buy your child there first car when they come of age??? bull **** i would but would not be a BMW cause yeah they would ride it of, something small and cheep to run, you know the 500 cars just my 2 cents..

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
My first car was a 1983 Bluebird station wagon. All up it cost $1600 (that included everything to get it through rego and 6 months rego) and my parents paid half, but I had to pay them back when I could afford it.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Was 16 when I Bought my first car for $800 with rego with my own cash! The missus fell preggers so we needed a car!. My mate owned a local car yard and told me 2 come see him when i needed a car ect so walked in with 1k told him i wanted a car he said i could have the VH commy in the corner for 1K said $800 was all i could afford (wich was true i needed the other cash) and yeah ended up with my first car, had some of the best times of my life in that car!! She ran a worked carby 202 with 5spd celica box, and could hold its own against most mild 8,s! After that car the old man bought me a nice clean VK for $2K with injected 202 and auto wich i stuffed up:( ended getting defected and i got rid of it, went on to buy a gold XF wagon with 12slotters from the wreckers for $700 was a nice clean car till some @#$%^ stole it from outside my dads driveway and burnt it out:mad: anyway my dad felt guilty that it got stolen as he would not let me park the XF in the driveway ect so he bought me a VN commy on finance wich sad 2 say got repo,d as it was in my dads name and we had a falling out and so the company came round and took it back ect SOOO after that went to a small local yard (didnt go back 2 my mate as his yard had closed down:() and i picked up a very clean and tidy VL for $2K wich i had for about 2 years did some minor work on it and loved it for a while and the missus fell pregnant with out 2nd and i wanted something a little more comfortable/safer ect so my wifes grandma lent us the cash for the VS Calais as she is rich and we all worked out it would be better to pay her back than a finance company ect so thats where i am with cars to date!!

Reaction score
my first car was a 1990 Toyota Celsior, leather interior, air bag suspension, they're a 4 litre V8 for people who don't know.

bought it myself, with my own money, learnt to drive in it, apparently not very well, as 3 days after getting my P's I understeered the boat over a traffic island.

blackpearl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
my first car was a 1990 Toyota Celsior, leather interior, air bag suspension, they're a 4 litre V8 for people who don't know.

bought it myself, with my own money, learnt to drive in it, apparently not very well, as 3 days after getting my P's I understeered the boat over a traffic island.

lol thats funny do much damage?

Reaction score
lol thats funny do much damage?

flattened 2 tyres, bent all 4 rims, bent one air bag strut, and bent the chassis, resulting in the bonnet not quite lining up properly, along with the front drivers side 1/4 panel.

I guess you live and learn.

air bag suspension = boat.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Paid $600 for my first car which was a 1977 Datsun 620 ute. Paid for every car I've ever owned. All 15 I think...I may have missed a couple. Only ever financed 3 cars. Paid cash for the current one.