Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

Bighomie213

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Olympic edition executive s2 v6
I bought my first car, it was a n13 '87 nissan pulsar hatch which i had about 2 and a bit years :rip:, got it for $1500 and then needed to pay $500+ to get the gearbox reco'd :bang:.

8rody

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
hahahahahahahaaha

I was in a headon (front passenger) with a Mack Truck * in Oct '08 and the car looked somewhat similar. I got a shattered Vertebrae L3 from the seatbelt - due to the sheer deacceleration. Was in hospital for months.
I'm still hobbiling around on cold days with a sore back.

How'd you get out of that scott' free, ryno_vrx?

*Driver was female, and turned into incomming traffic on the otherside of the road. Unknown reason to this date. I copped it my side.

TA 91 WA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII 5.7 LS1
Well for me it was dad paid for it ($2000) and I pay him back, as I didn't have a really good wage at the time. So I gave him $50 a week repayments whilst putting little bits away each week to repair the car as I was learning.

So to answer the OP's question... Dad paid for mine. And I paid him back.

holden boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
i paid for it myself sort of had a student loan got it with govt money :)
pitty i got a 85 honda prelude but hay it had abs and a sun roof , 5spd was lots of fun
i treated it like crap it lasted 8 months but it was great fun then got a rwd and never looked back

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
unlike half the spoilt little pricks gettin about now I worked and EARNT the money for my first car. Sorry I find it hard to have any sort of respect in that scenario for people that get their wheels given to them. weak.

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
I was supposed to get my uncles VS exec but a week before I got my licence he backed it into one of those really thick concrete pole things and it was written off, so instead,

I paid, what worked out to be about 1/4 of my car and my dad paid for the rest as my 18th b'day presnt and that years chrissy present :p

n im still on my first car which is the vt calais