Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
mum en dad bought my vs for me but i had to pay them back 100 bucks a week no questions asked.

I agreed and ive been debt free for a few months :thumbsup:

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
dad bought the VR and i have to pay him back which was working well till i lost my job :(

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
i bought my calais with my parents loaning me 700 and now im paying em back 100 a week lol

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Worked and saved for my own first car, 1984 Mitsubishi Sigma :yeah:

Paid for the car itself, all the parts to get it roadworthy, rego/insurance everything.

My nana lent me some money to get my second car, my vr I've got now, which I'm paying off at the moment.

Other than that I pay for everything for my cars myself.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I bought my first car - the VN. Payed a whopping $400 for it, then have spent so far about $1500 on top of that converting it to manual and replacing various bits and pieces to make it roadworthy. At the moment it sits in the shed with the interior stripped out waiting for a few things to be welded and will be off for a roadworthy soon after.

I have done every single bit of work on that car myself. I have no dad to ask for help and my mum only learned to change a wheel the other week.

I feel pretty proud about it. Far more impressive than buying a car outright thats ready to go that you know nothing about. The only downside is not having your own car to drive until its all finished lol.

If it ever gets stolen Im gonna be pissed. :p

HaMmErD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Cruze CDX
Parents paid for my first car. it was a TD Ford Cortina with a 6cyl cross flow in it (4 on the floor) I loved that car had to sell that casue my sis in law smashed her Hyundai and she had no insurance so i offered to buy it off her and fixed that.. sold that piece of crap. bought a VN SS had that for a while started leaking oil from the rear main started to get rust and was gonna cost me too much which i got fed up on puttin gmore money in to it sold that and recently bought a Holden Cruze (please don't flame me i think they are a great car) :D just waiting for it to arrive.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Bought my first car for $4k... 96 VS... 190,000km's... Some factory options (Air bag, cruise) but besides that it was mum spec.
Parents bought a new car, and kept this one so i could buy it... paid a fair price both ways i think. Payed dad off in the space of about a fortnight...
Positive about it was that I knew it's history from the dealer floor, the parents hadn't thrashed it and it was serviced every 10,000k's on the dot.

yeeeezy

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VZ Calais (on P's)
for all those saying "if your parents brought your car then you have no respect for it STFU i kno heaps of people who paid for there 1st car, where is there car now? in bits and saving for a new one, whys that? because the them having there licence means speeding and doing what ever you want, it has nothing to do with who buys is just who has it.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
lol @ all those putting key words like EARNED and WORKED in caps... as if anyone cares that you worked for something. Your only justifying your efforts to yourselves.

I couldn't care less about saving for things when i can just get a loan and pay that back... much easier. I want something, i buy it, then i pay it back over the course of however long it takes. Interest doesn't bother me at all.. the price im happy to pay for having the stuff i want NOW while others are WORKING and EARNING their new stuff lol... get over yourselves.

Mum bought my first car, then its been allllll me since.... nothing spesh, granny spec VPV6.

aZk.

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
I bought and paid for my first car back in 1977. It was a '64 EH Holden Station Wagon. 3 on the tree manual, 179HP block six. It was one beast of a car! It was multi coloured; brown bonnet and front guards, Light green around the windows and on the tail-gate, white roof, undercoat Grey doors and rear panels. It had heaps of rust as well; the rear beaver panel was nearly completely eaten out and there was a hole the size of a tennis ball in the drivers door. The best thing about it was the mags; 13" x 7" Magnum Eliminators which had a nice deep dish. I paid $370 for it and loved it.