Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

brandon17

BD-76-SR
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
SV6 vz, vt clubby =P
brought my first car a month ago, VR acclaim, was only $1500, paid for it will all my money because i dont live with the parents.

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Nope ,first car was payed for by parents .series 3 bluebird,then they helped me buy a vp in 98 .since then have bought all my own.But when my kids are old enough I will be buying em a car for sure.

JonnyDe

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
This is a strange question.

My first car i drove around in was a HJ61 landcruiser, which i still have. my dad lent that to me to use.

Then my older sister somehow blew up the transmission in her Mitsubishi verada, causing the TCM to malfuntion. We didnt know that at the time and replaced the tranny. car didnt work so she gave it to me, not working. I spent time on it, did research and found out about the TCMs and replaced it.

Drove that around for ages. Just go myself a 07 SV6 by myself. So i gave the verada to my dad and he gave me the crusier.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
first car i bought was wen i was 14 a FORD 500, i payed $50 for it off a mate, it was unregistered onlly mods were a boot full of batteries which soon tipped over and leaked all over the fuel tank and soon through into the tank melted the whole fuel system from the tank to the carb. i had to suck thru the fuel line every k to get it home, mind you i could taste acid for a month ended up sick as a dog so i burnt it

second car was a subaru leone at 17 bought it off my cousin (a mechanic who gets his coleague to write his rego certs) $900 12 months rego and full of rust 5 speed manual front wheel drive (full of power my friends)

3rd car was when i was 18 subaru leone fuel injected this time in mint condition (some old guy owned it from new) $4000 but an auto (i then turned my previous ride into a rally car and hit a big log with it sold it to a mate then they literally wrapped it round a hardwood fence post it still sits in my front yard now) both cars are in my yard still

4th car Holden VZ Calais $38 000 just before my 20th bday 50% finance 50% cash

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
first car was a vk berlina,owned by an old bloke from new,reco EFI 202,paid $1000 for it,i had $800 and borrowed $200 from mum and payed that back the next week.
since then ive had a vn, vr, vq stato,currently have a vr ss and vy wagon,all payed for by myself(well technically the vy is under finance but being payed off by me)
im glad i payed for them myself,it makes you have more respect for them,i know people that have had a few cars bought for them and dont give a **** about them,doesnt pay a cent in repairs or services for them

BassVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VN
first car was a holden barina, ended up giving it to my parents (too small of a car) then bought 2 ford XF's (had few people say they're good cars :axe: to them) to use one for parts, one to drive... bad idea. biggest piece of crap i've ever driven, had that many problems trying to get it on the road, definitely going to get rid of it and buy a vn-vs. :banstick: damn ford.

wormbo2

MaddoSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS1 sedan
Does it count if mum and dad bought it with MY money? i was saving for 2 years, occasionally dipping into funds for necessities, but MY money = MY first car?
91 Nissan Pulsar, 1.8ltr big block.

stooie

Stui
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive series ll
I bought my first car for 9000 and it is a vy commodore executive