Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
i inherited dad's HQ kingy with 308+M21 when i turned 18. for my 19th he shouted me a new motor that ran 14's all day. i rolled around in that for 3 years before taking it off the road.
before anyone thinks i'm a spoiled brat, i would like to add that the old man stole my immaculate vr ss off me a few years ago. it seems i didn't get something for nothing after all

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
i inherited dad's HQ kingy with 308+M21 when i turned 18. for my 19th he shouted me a new motor that ran 14's all day. i rolled around in that for 3 years before taking it off the road.
before anyone thinks i'm a spoiled brat, i would like to add that the old man stole my immaculate vr ss off me a few years ago. it seems i didn't get something for nothing after all

Good on him! I woulda too if I was your dad and you owe him;)

I have an AP5 in very good nick with disc brakes, jelly bean mags(7" rear, 6" front x14) and a 265 hemi parked under the house that all my sons have been offered. My 15yo is thinking about it, both his older brothers have passed on it. I've kept it garaged since 2000 when it stopped being my daily driver 'cause can't bare to sell it. Can't give it away to any of them it seems but they all want my SS. Well you know what chance they have... It'll last me till I croak unless I find the right GTS and I have the cash at the time.

Cue the Valiant jokes!

Edit: Motor in it now is stock and smokey but was supposed to be good, with the previous hemi before it went off and needed rebuilding would have ripped my SS a new one over a 1/4 mile

blakey1505

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II Equipe
i bought my vy II equipe in september, set me back 14 grand but the odo read 18,xxx so decent deal, just whacked some 18" PDW rims on it and yeh gettin Ve stripes this week. after that comes a sub and exhaust then im done with mods, dont wanna end up with a pile of rice aha or a heap of **** either, jsut wanna make it unique.
DSC03953.jpg

samfkpc

Samantha Anne
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
My first car was unfortunately a mazdabator (im trying to forget)
Just bought my first real car. 96 vs commodore, $3,500. Fully roadworthy, pretty stock. Think i've got a good deal?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
I just got my P's and I bought my first car! $4500 for a Holden Commodore VS '97 with 97,000km on it (with log books) and after service check, has nothing wrong with it. (y) great buy.

lastlegend

Phantom VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Black VY SS + 1999 Silver VT Olympic Sedan
My three daughters all wanted Commodores so I found them each a car as they got their learners and to date My eldest still loves her Modified VS SPac & my two twins both just got their learners and I have two VT Spac's sitting in my driveway ready for them.

As a note all three girls had to get Good OP's and save up at least half the cost of the cars so they had some money in the bank to cover future Rego & maintainace. all three work and pay for their own fuel now as well.

I am by no means a rich Daddy, I just am a holden fan and so are my girls and I wanted them to have safe cars to drive and come home in.

Cheers

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Paid for all my cars and my own living expenses since 16. Am a run away.
But its all good now. Never needed no ones help.

vp_exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ser2 BT1 355, 3800 conv, 3.45 IRS
Remember driving with dad the day before my driving test. Saw a 4dr HQ Monaro for sale in the next town up (Morwell). On the way home from the test the next day, we took a look at it, I had most of the cash saved - but Dad knew I wanted it and was good enough to find the remaining few bucks for me. Paid every scrap of the 1k back to him ASAP in appreciation.

trev_11

L67 VY Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais L67
i paid for my VS exec and now my VY Calais. Worked hard and saved up the cash however mum and dad were nice enough to loan me the extra cash for the calais at their 6% interest rather than going to a bank and paying 20%.
Guy at my work has just turned 17 and his folks bought im a 26k FG XR6. Absolutely ridiculous 1st car
I think to have any appreciation of a car you have to do the work to afford it. You can't expect everything in life to just be given to you.

brinz96VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II Calais
.. when i got a job at 16 from then on 'if i wanted it i had to pay for it'
first car on my P's was a sherbrook green 97 SII executive. it was immaculate.
sold that when i got my full license bought a 96 VS SII 5.0 Calais in panther mica.