Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

themark

Reaction score
Members Ride
vyII wagon
i did.
vr wagon.
which im selling by the way.
felt much better than getting it paid for by folks

edday

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
saved for a while before getting my license then had enough for the car and a few (small) mods

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
We had 1500 to spend on a car that my parents had been putting in their bank for a while for us. I got mine for 1750 but i paid the deposit ($250) and all running/rego/mantinence/insurance costs.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Back when I was 17 I bought a Gemini for $4000.. I had $2000 saved & financed the the rest @ $2000 for car & $600 Insurance..

melissasd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I think to have any appreciation of a car you have to do the work to afford it. You can't expect everything in life to just be given to you.

Dead right hey.
My first car I saved $18k for and bought it when I was 17, and my second car I paid $13k cash and got a $8000 loan so I could get a kick start with a good credit rating - since I had more than enough to pay cash for it also.

My older sister on the other hand has had both her cars bought for her and she is older than me. But then again she wouldn't know what work ment.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
First car was a Datsun (nissan bluebird). Inherited from my sister, started getting her together to realise my sister had completely rooted the engine.

Second car (first i actually got to drive) was a Volvo 240GL which i kind of commandeered (belonged to my deceased brother had been sitting at my fathers going to waste).

Cleaned her up got her going.... had to learn a lot of stuff to get it back into good state, reverse most of his stupid decisions (he was an airforce tech... so lots of modifications done to it).

Third car was a Mercedes 300D

Fourth Car was a........

pretty much every car passed the volvo until my VR didnt make it the Volvo had the balls to outlast them all and is still kicking..... was a lot more powerful then people give them credit for and built like tanks too.

And my current car...... Paid 2g's for her, my VR :D first car I actually bought (rest i just 'obtained')

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
I did get given my first car, a 1980 VC Commie with a whopping great 202 motor!
But i did pay for rego, insurance, servicing etc from day 1.

nanny185

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S pack
my first car........... paid every cent for it......

My second Car.......... Exactly the same story.......

I would never expect my parents to buy me a car, nor would i ask them for one.

rhysieboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt exec
i had some money saved up and my parents loaned me the rest as im only 16 and i need something manual,dads got a xr8 ute but insurance wont cover me to drive unless i wanna pay 1500$.so we bought my 98vt exec which i have 6grand left to pay for and probably 5.5grand tommorrow

VTvoodoo

99 VT S2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
I brought first car ,( 1.5 carby mazda 323) and every car since