Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whole Car Vibrating please help!!!

J@m3$

Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VZ SVZ Ute
Okay heres my story... i brought a SVZ ute about 3 weeks ago and ive had nothing but problems! No need to bore the **** out of everyone by telling them all

but the main problem i have is randomly the whole car starts to vibrate. can can be ideling or driving it will come and then go.. turning off the ignition doesnt stop the problem it will go away when it feels like it...

seeing as i brought the car from a holden dealer i took it back... they couldnt even trouble shoot the problem because the car decided not to do it while it was with them..

Holden reckon they checked everything suspension, engine timing, tailshaft, diff, and the list goes on.

just want to know if anyone has the same problem and how the hell do i stop it before i blow up my car.

Thanks guys any help would be awsome! so fed up with it spent more time in the work shop than behind the wheel.. definatly brought a lemon!

mawsy

giggity giggity
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
any problems with the car take it straight back to who you bough it off, you get a statutory warranty with all cars purchased from a dealer so they are responsible for repairs, not yourself :)

EDIT: within thirty days or something :p

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
manual or auto...

i wouldnt trust when they say they checked everything?

"randomly the whole car starts to vibrate" - describe exactly what happens right before it vibrated last time?

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
If you have climate controll, it could be the A/C pump kicking in and out. Maybe the A/C pump is on its way out. Or already out.

Or, check the wheel bearings. Jack one wheel up and try to rock it from side to side in the direction of the car. If it has lots of play, the bearing is rooted. They can be changed easily.

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
. Jack one wheel up and try to rock it from side to side in the direction of the car. If it has lots of play, the bearing is rooted. They can be changed easily.

isnt the front wheel bearings one piece with the hub?
and when trying to rock the wheel, left to right, doesnt that signify ball joints, and up/down mean bearings?

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
isnt the front wheel bearings one piece with the hub?
and when trying to rock the wheel, left to right, doesnt that signify ball joints, and up/down mean bearings?

Left to right rocking movement without the brake applied is the bearing. Ball joints and kingpins move when the brake is on. Anyway I had a similar problem where I noticed a vibration comming from the front wheel. I got it balanced, rotated tyres, but It turned out to be the bearing. The disk needs to come off to get to the hub bearing, but it's easier to take the three allan key bolts out first and whack the hub out of the disk with a hammer. Not a big job. But a bearing will cost about $140 from an auto parts store.

J@m3$

Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VZ SVZ Ute
impulsesv6

it is a manual.. the last time it started to vibrate i was cruzing along at 70kms and it started. no heater on, no a\c. not even the radio turned up there was no warning at all. it comes and it goes when it feels like it.
it will also do it when the car is ideling. so i doubt its a wheel bearing. the vibration is as if there is a jack hammer in the tray.. but the vibration is equally distributed through out the car. if that makes any sence.

thanks for every one help. it did it again today on the way to work..

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
check your exhaust is not hittting the body

rb0135

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra SX6
I have the same issue (i think) with a VZ Adventra.

I get between 90 - 115kph and a get a bad reverberation/vibration through the car and it seems coming from the front, and if the car is under cruise control, you can feel the cruise control apply a bit more power to keep it at the speed. So what ever the cause, it is interferring with the running of the wheels

Does this sound like your issue??

I have been fighting the dealer ship for over 2 years with this issue (lucky I have 6 year warranty) but of course they wont even do a test at the location or under the conditions it occurs.

If I get anywhere, I will post what they find (if ever they do anything)..