Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who's waiting for a 2017 plate and why?

scooter02

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SSV Redline ute
My original plan was to get an MY17 SSVR 6sp ute in some like it hot red with the blackout kit and hadn't really looked into it too much, just thought that was what i would do...
But after a holiday on the sunshine coast in august where i called into a dealer just to have a look at the colour in the flesh, the salesman that i spoke to told me that i wouldn't be getting this colour next year. He also told me that manual V6 utes had finished and that they didn't know what the go was with V8 manuals next year either...
So when i got home i went to our local dealer to quiz them about what i was told, and they confirmed that the colour was a no go, but wasn't sure about the manual story i had been told.
Long story short my local dealer tracked down an MY16, and i had to make the decision, to get what i really wanted now or wait and get something next year... i didn't like the colour options for next year, so the deal was done.
Really glad i did now, i haven't seen another one around here, this colour, on the road yet, so I'm really happy about that...people that see it always comment on the colour.
Only thing i would have liked was the optional 20's (the dealer fitted the blackout kit for me) the windows have been tinted, and I've fitted a set of coil overs to get it sitting where i like it.. i love it, its a keeper!

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
Quite happy with my 16, had her for 7 weeks, as Maxwell would say..."And loving it"

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
otherwise you're waiting for a 2017 and you'll likely pay a premium.

if there are no physical changes to the standard redline, wouldn't the RRP still be the same as MY16 model?

Fen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute W310
It's gone up circa NZ$1,000 here. Which sort of means the blackout kit just got more expensive as it was, from memory, an $850 option on the MY16. Of course you also get black plastic mirror caps rather than body colour ones. Like bottom of the range cars used to have in the 90s.

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
It's gone up circa NZ$1,000 here. Which sort of means the blackout kit just got more expensive as it was, from memory, an $850 option on the MY16. Of course you also get black plastic mirror caps rather than body colour ones. Like bottom of the range cars used to have in the 90s.

I don't really get the appeal of the blackout kit tbh, you pay extra for what appears to be unpainted parts, has anyone that has ordered the blackout kit asked for the old parts (the chrome bits and the painted mirror covers) back to keep?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
if there are no physical changes to the standard redline, wouldn't the RRP still be the same as MY16 model?

You do realise the business is run by greedy capitalist pigs don't you ?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
normal for a increase, might be $500>1000. Think hes more on the fact there not going to be dealer stock so your ordering car therefore paying full retail

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Even if the RRP remains the same, you wont have the same bargaining power. A lot of people hang out for the next MY, hence sales slow down a bit = discounts and bargaining power to the buyer. When a model year is about to be superceded, they want to clear stock. Given that the MY17 wont have a replacement (the 2018 will be the new body and drivetrain - no V8), they will be snapped up quickly as there will be nothing else after.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
And its the last bit of the cherry for holden they won't sell diddly after 17

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
i updated from a 14 build redline to a 16 sept build GTS "and loving it" to quote Phawk and Agent 86