Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Chevy badges on SS's (not a trolling topic please read)

theblueweapon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV A6 ute
I think the Chev badge thing goes back to the days when tuff old Holdens (HG's HQ's, etc) went that bit extra and installed a Chev motor. It seemed to be a mark of identification and warning more than anything stating "I have a SBC and not a 308, so beware". Don't see a need to rebadge a VE to a Chev because they sold a few in Saudi Arabia. If the owner reckons the Chev badge looks better than the oversize Holden badge, then each to his own.

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have to agree with each to their own. I look at it this way....if everyone customised to the opinions of others, then there would be no such things as FOOSE, or Overhaulin, local custom shops, Summernats etc and every car show we get to go to and experience new out of the norm ideas which then gives us ideas for our own projects wouldn't exist either. As a result the majority of us would all be driving the same boring looking cars reading magazines from the car manufacturers (read brochure of current line up). It comes down to different personalities and ideas. If we all had the same personality and ideas of what does and doesn't look good we'd have no basis for the custom car scene and it would be very boring indeed. Be it a badge, engine swap, wheels, turbo vs charger etc then that is each person's opinion and choice. None of us have to like what each has done but respect for our comrades out there trying to put a personal touch on something that they have put their hard earned $ into needs to be given. I'm all for the customisation of cars. Keep it up and do it to your personal liking as you are the one that will be driving it, paying for it and most of all getting the satsifaction of the mod.

I've got a black SS and looking for a certain look - straight grille with no badge. It doesn't exist. I may look to have something custom built but i could always get the Chev grille and paint it black which I may do also. I'm considering removing the lion badges front and rear but don't want the blank cirlce in front and not a fan of mesh at the front. I'll keep an eye out for ideas and when I see something that I like and fits with the look I am after I'll do that.

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Don't beat around the bush and make up excuses, the explosion of Chev badges on Holden's has come from 'Transformers' using Chevies and everyone now thinks Chevy is cool cause their favourite speech impaired asthmatic autobot is a Chev. The odd person may say some bullsh1t personal reason but you're kidding yourself.

On a similar note my car has leather seats and I have just realised cows are cool as f%ck so I put some horns on the front of my car and am calling it a cow just so I "stand out" ...

Last edited:

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
don't try and eat my car please Tinsnips

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I like mine cooked.

1617295_i_see_what_you_did_there_holyshit_super_RE_Sharenator_Community_UNITE-s444x475-150637-580.jpg