Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Chevy badges on SS's (not a trolling topic please read)

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
1617295_i_see_what_you_did_there_holyshit_super_RE_Sharenator_Community_UNITE-s444x475-150637-580.jpg

:) I though it was funny

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I have to agree with each to their own. I look at it this way....if everyone customised to the opinions of others, then there would be no such things as FOOSE, or Overhaulin, local custom shops, Summernats etc and every car show we get to go to and experience new out of the norm ideas which then gives us ideas for our own projects wouldn't exist either. As a result the majority of us would all be driving the same boring looking cars reading magazines from the car manufacturers (read brochure of current line up). It comes down to different personalities and ideas. If we all had the same personality and ideas of what does and doesn't look good we'd have no basis for the custom car scene and it would be very boring indeed. Be it a badge, engine swap, wheels, turbo vs charger etc then that is each person's opinion and choice. None of us have to like what each has done but respect for our comrades out there trying to put a personal touch on something that they have put their hard earned $ into needs to be given. I'm all for the customisation of cars. Keep it up and do it to your personal liking as you are the one that will be driving it, paying for it and most of all getting the satsifaction of the mod.

I've got a black SS and looking for a certain look - straight grille with no badge. It doesn't exist. I may look to have something custom built but i could always get the Chev grille and paint it black which I may do also. I'm considering removing the lion badges front and rear but don't want the blank cirlce in front and not a fan of mesh at the front. I'll keep an eye out for ideas and when I see something that I like and fits with the look I am after I'll do that.

Your point is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....wayyyyyy over there.

Not even a valid argument. Customising a car is making it into something unique. Overhaulin' cars are all the same style because that's what Foose does, it's his style. Same as Coddington when he was alive, each "customisor" has their own style and you can tell who built what because you can recognise that style. It's still a custom car, but what they are NOT doing is making it something it's not. A Holden is a Holden in Australia, if you want to drive a Chev Lumina, move to Saudi Arabia.

As said, the engine in your V8 Commodore is NOT a chev, it's a GM.

If people use the excuse that it's better than the lion, then I will fit an Aston Martin badge to the Senator because I think they look cool.

/thread

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
i went to an All Holden car show yesterday, the chev badges made me cry on the inside :(

Scruba

Wanderer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Your point is over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>....wayyyyyy over there.

As said, the engine in your V8 Commodore is NOT a chev, it's a GM.

/thread

Could be argued that it's not actually GM, rather American Govt/Public?

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
the explosion of Chev badges on Holden's has come from 'Transformers' using Chevies and everyone now thinks Chevy is cool cause their favourite speech impaired asthmatic autobot is a Chev.

that is the biggest load of **** ive seen on here in a while... people were defacing their holdens with chev badges long before the transformers movies came out

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
that is the biggest load of **** ive seen on here in a while... people were defacing their holdens with chev badges long before the transformers movies came out

No they weren't. VE came out in 2006 (Transformers in 2007) and it was not popular to put the Chev badge on your car before the VE... If you were one of the few who "did it before it was cool" then whoopidy do, someone get this guy a medal. Well done mate you're hipster...

Hipster+Fox+I+lol+d_6b6f15_2004807.jpg

MM25

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I really don't think there is any need for CHEV badges on a Holden....People just have to get creative :idea3: Buying pre made CHEV grills is the easy way out :yeah:

189069_10150121253044172_734009171_6267698_2782272_n.jpg

NewGrill.jpg