Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why did they make series II not as good?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Looks really good. Heaps better than before. Some SS lights are needed though just to finish the look.

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
yeah. As soon as i start work at autobarn 5 days a week. I'll be once again rolling in it. I now have like $600 since i paid cash for my car.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Nice work, black is awesome! :) I wouldn't have to worry about that even if my vehicle was a series 2 being all black anyways.

What foglights did you use? Are they genuine ones or aftermarket ones?

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Nice work, black is awesome! :) I wouldn't have to worry about that even if my vehicle was a series 2 being all black anyways.

What foglights did you use? Are they genuine ones or aftermarket ones?

They aren't foglights. They are Narva 100mm Driving Lights. H3 - 55watt globe. 300metre distance but i have got them aimed pretty well. They don't dazzle people, tested them out and ****. It's bright but nowhere near a high beam. I wired them up though so i can have them on or off at anytime. And wired them to the ignition coil so they turn off unless the key is on Acc or On.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
That's cool, i've been looking for aftermarket driving lights for a while. Dont like fog lights, and dont like Holden's prices either. Have always been wondering what would fit in them! :) So thanks :) I know 100mm lights now.

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
That's cool, i've been looking for aftermarket driving lights for a while. Dont like fog lights, and dont like Holden's prices either. Have always been wondering what would fit in them! :) So thanks :) I know 100mm lights now.

I got them at cost price.

Usually 129.00 at autobarn.

But for me

Lights - $85.00
Switch - $5.95
4 Metres of wire $7.00 (only needed 3metres using the wire included.)

And took me about 1 1/2 hours to install them would be way faster if i didnt hook it up to the ignition. But keep in mind you have to figure out some way of mounting them. The mounting brackets dont fit. I used cable ties through the lights mounting bracket to the bumper one. Best way i could work out.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Yes, the actual mounting is the only thing i'm not sure of with any of the lights. I knew the size of the lights for a while. I got my original set of driving lights for my VR commodore for free. Which comes with enough wire and i work at Dick Smith, so switches arn't a problem LOL Now just gotta get the lights from somewhere :)

Thanks for all that, do you have any pics of exactly how you secured the lights? Did you keep the original mounts in or not?

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Nah i didnt use the original mounts. If you are still on later tonight. I Will take off the bumper and take a photo for you since im gonna put another coat of paint on my new black bar :p