Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do people hate Vt's so much?

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
VT, Last of the 5ltr & first of the LS1

One motor which made more noise than power in the obese whale & the other motor which had a world of issues that were not revised until the VX series.

Lets not get started about the poor IRS design in the VT as well.

Kind of makes sense, But no need to make a thread about it.

Cheers
Mat

+1 for everything Hozy said.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
VT, Last of the 5ltr & first of the LS1

One motor which made more noise than power in the obese whale & the other motor which had a world of issues that were not revised until the VX series.

Lets not get started about the poor IRS design in the VT as well.

Kind of makes sense, But no need to make a thread about it.

Cheers
Mat

Show me a thread already about this to answer the OPs question then.

To the OP
As others have mentioned, prob due to the age and now P Platers or bogans can get them for cheap and not maintain them and then once they get faults, whinge and complain.

Luke_chargedvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VT Calais
There will always be one, every car has its faults some just more then others.. But if it looks nice, goes hard and your happy with it who cares what others think.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
VT are a good car , like all cars, if they are properly maintained and not manged , no problems but however a lot of them end up the hand's of complete muppets .

M

mwb235

...what is with hate on the VT's, majority of people hate them, and bag the **** out of them...

My guess:
(1) because of people who fit rear altezza lights to their VT but keep the standard rear granish
(2) because of people who fit cheap and nasty fibreglass Monaro bonnets to their VT
(3) because Ford AU owners are p---ed off about their car's looks (or lack of) and need something else to b--ch about

zedda

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz exe.
I only hate em because my ex had one!

1998GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 HSV VT GTS 5.7 Stroker
I had a VN,people hated that.I had a VS people hated that,i now have a VT GTS people hate that.I enjoyed all of them,so dont care what people think.You will always have haters!!!

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
They did have a fair few faults, especially the early ones.
Faults - VT

IMO VT-VZ all feel very similar to drive, there's SFA difference aside from toe links and re-skinned interiors... even the alloytech sounds and feels much the same as the old emotech...

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
For me its the rear garnish, and the weak looking HSV kits that arn`t very aggressive.

Jack92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 50th anniversary
I had never liked them I always wanted vs Calais but my first car ended up being a Daewoo(went hard), my Granpop bought a white 50th anniversary brand new, kept it mint always serviced and clean so when he handed in his licence I jumped on it for 2000 just cause I knew it was well looked after, now I'm in love with it, I'm with mwb253 it's young tools that make them look **** and give them a bad rep!