Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why do people hate Vt's so much?

JeremyF50

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rusty V8 Meat Wagon
A lot of good reasons listed in this thread. I personally like the look of the series 2 VTs with their clear indicators. I'd probably buy a VX though and change the front lights/bumper to suit and boot/taillights to VT ones. Then it'd look like a VT but be lighter and have better crash safety like a VX.

EDIT: rear bar too I guess. Wouldn't be any need for indicators on the rear bar if I had VT taillights.

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
VT are a good car , like all cars, if they are properly maintained and not manged , no problems but however a lot of them end up the hand's of complete muppets .

I have owned my 1999 VT Equip since new, it was one of the last 300 specially built to order back then, its a great car, at 204,000 on the clock I change the oil and filter every 10K (at $28 for oil and filter why wouldnt I?), the gearbox oil and filter every 50K and it is faultless, just put a new serpantine belt and idler pulies in it (the top idler failed on a trip back from bundy the other week), I'm about to fit a new radiator as the old one has copped a tiny hole, the engine purrs, its smooth as and like anything mechanical, simple maintenance goes a long way to keeping it running well.

I do have a question about the A/C, the compressor has given up the ghost and I have a whole new system ready to install (its all sealed in the box still), who in Brisbane can fit it, pressure test it, lube it and gass it for me?

Please note: I can do the fitting no problem, but I have left it sealed to stop air getting into the component), I also build motorcycle engines as a sideline, but they dont need A/C ;) so mechanical and electrical work are a no brainer, but I'm not setup to do Air Con.

Sid

vtr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII HSV R8
I fogot I posted this the other week so excuse the late response! There like all other cars, they all have faults I wasn't sure if ith was my mates just giving me **** or what not but if they decide to well you guys have backed my thought up so I should just show them this and put them back in their kennels!!

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
I own a VY2 SS now and the only reason i brought the VY2 is because the VT before it was so damned reliable, and such a good car. I've owned Subaru's, Mitsubishi's and Nissan's before and i never brought that brand of car again after owning them just because the problems i had with them. My VT Commodore was the first car i have ever owned that convinced me to stay with the brand and buy Holden again. Fantastic model of car the VT!

brocksta05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S2 Acclaim
I've owned my VT S2 acclaim for three years now I bought it off my dad who picked it up off a guy that wanted it taken to the wreckers cos he blew the head gaskets because the heater tap blew and dumped all the coolant. (another neglector of cars) Dad rebuilt the heads and threw it back together and i bought it. It has never missed a beat apart from usual wear and tear items and just last week it passed 300,000kms. Still going strong.