Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why is my speaker rattling

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
hi all
a fair while ago i bought to sets off polk audio mm651 speakers for my car one set for the back one for the front

since then they been running fine great speakers but just last week i jumped in the car to go to work and all of a sudden one of the speakers was rattling (rear driver side)

i looked all around trying to figure out what was in there shaking around but didnt find anything and soon realised it was the speaker itself

the speaker isnt blown as it still produces the same sound as before but so annoying hearing that rattling.

any1 kno why this is and if theres anything i can do to fix it? i dnt want to have 2 take it back to wow although it is still under warranty only being 6 or so months old.

any help please?
thnks

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Pull it out and have a look at it. There's not much that can rattle on a speaker and usually its the voice coil coming off the VC former due to it being slightly cooked or the glue failing.

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
hi there, check the glue between the roll surround (The rubber part that holds the Cone of the Speaker) and the basket of the speaker.... This is a common problem on some speakers...

MAS_614

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive II
yer sweet cheers guys ill pull it out and have look 2moro if it is the glue somwhere can i fix it by just regluing it or that be no good?