Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Reset Computer In Vx?

plasmid2

Reaction score
Howdy. Just recently discovered this website, and it is fantastic! It is a mountain of information!

I am a car enthusiast, not an expert, so I apologise if my questions seem silly! So here I go.

I saw the section on this website regarding the resetting of the computer on a VX. Just wondering why you would do it. Is it something
that is done regularly or something that is done when you fit a new air filter or something.

I hope I am not asking too many qustions, but... I also have been thinking about a new sports exhaust, something from the
cat back. I am not after something that is going to wake up the neighbours but obviously want it to sound good. Also, is there
any performance gained from an exhaust?

Thanks for your time.

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
I've got a VX 2 V6 auto with pacemakers and a 2 1/2" cat back. Honestly, didn't do a bloody thing as far as i'm concerned, tested it at the drags and there was no difference . My opinion, cut off your rear muffler and have a straight through put on. A lot cheaper (ie-$800 cheaper), and it'll sound better than the strangled poofter's fart that it's making now.

G

Griggsy

Yeh plasmid, I wouldn't worry about a new exhaust system. Replace rear muffler with a straight thru and you should be right.