Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why stereo up ur vl you wont get it back $$$$$

dan_man31

now projecting oh yeah :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
all these people putting a $2000 stereo system in a vl and then expecting to get that bac when they sell it when i was looking for a new car i went looking around ebay tradingpost weekend shopper i went and had a look at a vl, dints in the door scratches all around paint messy the gaurds all chipped and ready to **** themselfs over the phone they were saying they wanted $2000 which was my limit they said its in great nick and registered no rwc and rust all around the windscreens and in the boot took it for a test drive and it had a massive clunk in the gearbox (auto) the thing was ready to **** itself but they were banking on getting all this money because it had 2 6x9 speakers in the front 2 6x9s's in the parcel tray and an mp3 deck and the rims werent to bad oh yeah and it had "sentimental value"
my dad said "we will call u later" lol and on the way back i found a nice little vl sitting in a clearance yard for "Oh " $2000 no rust in boot recent paint job clean and tidy interior and a motor that needed a service and had a slip sayin it wasnt stolen

cheap and i could get $5000 in its current condition

who needs a stereo when u have a sexy original car with a standard motor that sounds decent as it is

vl's dont look any better with massive stereo system's than they do with massive neons

Last edited:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Why didn't you say, No stereo and 1000 bucks.

dan_man31

now projecting oh yeah :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
haha

good point but u shoulda seen it every panel and every gaurd looked shaggy i probally shoulda said ill give u 300 for the wheels and u give me 1500 for taking the car away good point

dan

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
good point too... although 'a nice little vl' would haev to pretty damn decent to get $5000 for it, specially when a car lot only had 2k on it.

on teh other side of the coin i have a massive system in my car, LCDs dvd etc. yep its overkill! but i love it and did it for myself. the same system would slide right into a camry, bmw you name it. my next car will probably have teh same system in it.
i dont plan to sell my car anytime soon but i wouldnt leave all the good gear in it.

"who needs a stereo when u have a sexy original car with a standard motor that sounds decent as it is"

i REALLY have to comment on this. last time i tried i couldnt get my local station to play through my engine. the radio, cd, mp3 whatever tickles you is personal chioce. i drive alot and i tell you what the sound of the engine, as nice as it is would get very mononous after a few hours, hence the reason i have a stereo.

again you might prefer not to have teh stereo up, or even on for that matter. personal enjoyment!
-j

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore sl
ok well heres sumthin to consider, sure u can spend the money on a 2k system but what about spending the time to remove it when u sell the car?? my first car i put a 1500 stereo system in it, and yeah i was happy, but guess what i removed it and put it into my second car, and then again removed it when i sold that, i now own a commodore and its the third car ive put it in, and because its decent stuff it still goes as good as the first day i got it. Maybe one day il sell the commo, and yep sure as **** il be taking out the stereo in that and putting the stock one back in like every car ive sold.

ehh the ppl who sell a car with a 2k system are just lazy i wouldnt dare do that because its all about the hard dollars ive earnt to get it in the first place. a few hours to take out a stereo isnt much considering its ur own time anyway.

-Cam

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
dan_man31 said:
vl's dont look any better with massive stereo system's than they do with massive neons

Mate, you wanna try living in Thomastown (Melb's northern suburbs). We're the VL capital of Australia. Every second one I see has a monster tach and pumpin' stereo.

Siiiik.

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i wanna go there. theres some vl hotspots in WA too. except you rarely ever see one that doesnt look like rust with some car on it.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
lol nice once vlacs.
vk dog i have found the stereo removal doesnt take too long, its putting the damn thing back in the next car, which most enthusiasts would put one in anyway so its all good!
if a car sounds great why not top it with a great stereo and wicked gear.

i read somewhere, cant find the post tho, of someone payin out putting tacho in auto commies>?! i have one and i also have auto. reason being i had a gearbox let go, and i didnt hear the engine revving tis guts out over the stereo lol so now i know when the little red light comes on im over 7000 rpm and time to back off!!!

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i got offered 4K for my vl completely stock with no stereo etc with absolutely no changes except for liek a new head and radiator and stuff but no much. ill show it to you

im not sure about the quality cos i had to make em smaller so theyd fit on here. should be alright.

Attachments

• PC020002 smaller.JPG
    PC020002 smaller.JPG
    458.4 KB · Views: 614
  • PC020005smaller.JPG
    PC020005smaller.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 886
  • PC020003 smaller.JPG
    PC020003 smaller.JPG
    327.4 KB · Views: 401

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
vlv8vic said:
i read somewhere, cant find the post tho, of someone payin out putting tacho in auto commies>?! i have one and i also have auto. reason being i had a gearbox let go, and i didnt hear the engine revving tis guts out over the stereo lol so now i know when the little red light comes on im over 7000 rpm and time to back off!!!

Riiiiight. Like you see 7000rpm on the street daily. Hate to see your fuel bill. And you must be a mechanic, 'cos you'd be rebuilding your bottom end every week wouldn't ya? How's about them Jatco gearboxes. 4 grand to recondition I hear. Your tyre guy must love ya too.

BTW - Any tacho on any street car is a wank. A monster tach = A monster wank.

Monster tachs are for the dragstrip . <== Full stop