Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why stock?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
^^ +1... lose the tennis ball. Why not set up a proper forum poll on it?

why not OP drive the car for a bit and think to himself 'I like this car, but I wish ____ were _____'

Fill in the blanks, set a plan to change it, then change it. Drive it again and repeat the above with new ideas, then repeat.
That's what most of us do.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
as for the guy above ^ saying stock cars are better for hoon laws, if you dont hoon it and keep it looking roadworthy the cops wont pick on you.

Even if u dont hoon, all it takes is a nice looking car and u'll get a few random checks done on U.

its ur car, do with it what U want, if you don't look back at it when U walk away, ur doing it wrong.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
its ur car, do with it what U want, if you don't look back at it when U walk away, ur doing it wrong.

only reason I look back is to confirm ive locked it :s
Its_something.jpg

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
as for the guy above ^ saying stock cars are better for hoon laws, if you dont hoon it and keep it looking roadworthy the cops wont pick on you.
What car is more likely to be pulled over, a stock looking car kept clean or your hektik VN with stockies, a **** bodykit and some awesome blue parkers....................
It's all about perception.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Why do people like their vn vp vr and their vs to be stock? Why do people hate body kits and stuff? Seriously they are commodore, not classic cars, you see stock commodores everywhere. Some kits look stupid as well as tail lights etc but they are ugly cars especially the vn and vp and i think anything looks better than the stock bumpers etc. Just my opinion tho, whats yours

If you buy a VN-VS with big spoiler, 19 inch wheels, and Chev badge, it was probably owned by a ######## who thrashed it within an inch of its life.
A stock car might have been a fleet hack, but if you find one belonging to a pensioner for 20 years, would be a better buy.