Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why?

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
ive gone though 3 buick motors in the last couple of months. first to die was the orginal, i religously serviced it every 5 thousand with magnatec oil, i babied it. gugion pin went in it, got a new one, gearbox started playing up, and the motor was just rooted. got a new engine and gearbox seem to be ok, except for lifter noise.

two of my mates have xr6 tickfords. both manuals. those two cars have copped a bloody floggin. the old six just clunks, runs rough, and goes back to normal. and mine snaps a conrod, smashes a piston and punches a hole in the block. strange.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
ive gone though 3 buick motors in the last couple of months. first to die was the orginal, i religously serviced it every 5 thousand with magnatec oil, i babied it. gugion pin went in it, got a new one, gearbox started playing up, and the motor was just rooted. got a new engine and gearbox seem to be ok, except for lifter noise.

two of my mates have xr6 tickfords. both manuals. those two cars have copped a bloody floggin. the old six just clunks, runs rough, and goes back to normal. and mine snaps a conrod, smashes a piston and punches a hole in the block. strange.

Ive put a piston out the side of one, was due from the crank bearings seizing up due to a dodgy instal by my mechanic

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
ive also snapped a conrod in a vr buick v6 smashing everything in its path as it rotated up and down pulled the motor down and it was a mess only the heads were salvagable.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
you're right, because that was a serious recommendation in that other thread o.0 and that is really what i do, in real life, in the real world.

you're orsm.

why thank you savage i do have a shirt stating such facts.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
why thank you savage i do have a shirt stating such facts.

i have a shirt that says Internet tough guys are feared by everyone - even the grammar police

stevebutler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
I'm going to say without doubt that the falcon 6s are a better motor.

We might have a babied Ef futura coming our way with 107,000 on it, it's my grandmothers and she wants a smaller car.

Might just put some proper lows all round and some good wheels and have it with the vt.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
No one has taken into account how the weight on the crossmember fairs in comparison to the V6.

Anything prior to the BA the straight six was a truck motor. The 4.0ltr in the AU a pile of crap (still no worse then a Buick i guess).