Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
why was the Shame, Holden Shame! thread closed?
is it a case of censorship gone mad?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
We recieved numerous complaints about the thread. It was getting a little out of hand and we felt it best to close it off before it turned around headed west. We have been keeping an eye on this thread for sometime.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Believe me when I say it's not a matter of us going power crazy.. we couldn't care about the power, if something needs to be done it will.. in this case the guy could have bought a website URL like 12voltking suggested to us and make a website.. this is a forum for talking about Commodores and sharing knowledge/helping each other out, and when you have a blackhole with that much negativity sitting somewhere with users constantly PMing Mods to do something about it, well when that happens something needs to be done

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Locking Shame Holden Shame Thread

I don't really agree with you guys closing the thread on it..

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=9083

I mean RKZ had some problems with his car which he wants to voice to other Commodore users, fair enough. He's very passionate about it, but doesn't seem to be taking much action.

I don't agree with his course of action (just relying on word of mouth and relying on an inefficient bureaucratic govt department to deal with the problem, if and only if more people complain.

The thread is fairly maligning towards Holden and if he makes such vehement accusations of Holden, he should be made accountable to justify them. I especially want to hear why instead of just slandering them, he isn't taking them on.

RKZ: If what you're saying is true. They've violated numerous sections of the Fair Trading Act and Trade Practices Act and either the ACCC or and lawyer worth their salt would LOVE to take it on..

So whilst I don't agree with it, he hasn't really broken any forum rules with the thread has he? He isn't abusing people, or criticising Holden non-stop about everything. He's perfectly polite in all of his responses, even when attacked and isn't a troublesome user..

I personally reckon that the thread should be left open.. Just my opinion guys..

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ah, after reading a few post's in that thread, yeap, im all for it being open, but the problem lies with this, ive got 15 repoerted posts in my in box about that thread, personaly i dont wanna see it open again, but it's up to the person who closed it, i trust my mods, and beleive he/she made the right choice

cheere
garth

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
juzza said:
this is a forum for talking about Commodores and sharing knowledge/helping each other out,

isn't that what was happening?
what was the basis of all these complaints?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
The contents of these PMs are sent to us in discretion, as are all PMs. Hence the term PRIVATE Message. They have to remain confidential.

R

rattattack1313

greengopher said:
isn't that what was happening?
what was the basis of all these complaints?
If you complained to us about something, in private, would you like it if we posted it up for everybody to read?????? No..... so , the messages remain un-printed, and the thread stays closed...............

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
This is shittting me up a wall. The thread was closed because all it became was a GMH bashing thread winging about your problems, which I might add is not going to get the problem fixed, so deal with it.
Stays closed.
Final.
Wanna argue how bout a tap from the ban stick.
AIrStrike :air:

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
AirStrike said:
This is shittting me up a wall.
We so desperately need a smilie animating that one!!

As a mere humble member I agree with the mods on this one. There hadn't been any progress on RKZ234's crusade for some time and was unlikely to be in future given that negotiations had, ahem, stalled. The Holden bashing was turning ugly and I thank the moderators for allowing that topic to be explored in the first place and ending it when necessary.

You mods perform a thankless task and I hereby request that your pay be doubled.

Mark.

P.S. Yes, I know 2 x 0 still equals 0 but it's the intention that counts!!