Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wildly fluctuating temperature after service on SV6

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Nah doesn't seem to be cross threaded.. I'll just go buy another next week..cheers Trevor

Scotty31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ, Executive, Sedan
Mine has cooked! Get it checked out!!!

Hi, My VZ was ready to be traded. Was just waiting for the money to come through. On the weekend it cooked! The RAA towed me back to the workshop where I was buying my new VE Sportswagon and gave me a loan car. I thought it would probablly be a radiator hose or something as the car seemed to be running fine when the temp spiked and the warning alarm came on. Was only driving 50 and had only been going for about 3 minutes. Turns out I have blown the head gasket, water pump, and cracked the head! $4000 later for a car that I am not keeping. So make sure you get it checked out. My VZ only has 80,000 on it and I get it serviced regularly! I saw no other signs of this! I am currently negotiating with my dealer to see if he'll knock $1000 of the price! What a pain!!

Scotty31

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ, Executive, Sedan
Update.... My dealer knocked $1000 off today! I am happy about this but not happy that a car that is meant to go and go well, has died so early!!!