Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a WK Stato/Caprice dash fit into a WH Caprice?

Whitel67vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VT L67
Hey guys

I've got a mountain of info to explain so you'll understand me better...

I've got a VT SPAC Supercharged L67 and I've undertaken the daunting task of putting in a WK CAPRICE interior conversion (Dash, Centre console @ DVD head rests) The package I bought off a mate was seats, door trims, dash, console, cluster, heater core, dash loom & body loom and a few other bits and pieces. For some unknown reason the body loom was cut on both sides from the parcel shelf back so I had to buy a new BCM and matching key, body loom and get the missing bits like the proper WK caprice parcel shelf and I bought a VZ steering wheel n new clock spring, changed the shifter ect...

Anyway I changed the loom from the fuse box through the firewall that goes through out the dash down to both sides where it meets the body loom. In saying that as I said above I had to buy a new body loom and I've noticed the plastic plug ends don't match up. I've been told buy an auto elec I need to change the dash loom in order to match the body loom he said the numbers on the body loom will tell me what the numbers on the dash loom should say and match them that way. Do I have to change the dash loom like he said because my gut says there's an easier option. I've also changed all door looms, roof loom, n further backwards to tail lights. I've got a VX Berlina garnish and obviously WK Caprice didn't have a boot garnish so I take it that'll have to be bridged into the body loom somehow? The auto elec also told me that WK caprice came out with 5 different looms with the same options which makes no sense as I thought why would they do something stupid like that n assumed the dash and body loom would simply plug in... What ECU do I use my supercharged one or a WK ECU? I'm aware the BCM and ECU need to be matched by a tech 2?

I've only got about 2 years worth of experience in the thing they call 'The car bug' lol I'm 25 n when I started this project I was getting help off a mate with more knowledge but had a falling out an he can go get ####ed... So yeh it's just me left to finish all this mess and I really don't no how far along I am or how far I'm away from completing it. Everything has matched up plug wise everywhere accept for under the dash in both corners and the wiring/plug for the elec windows is too short to reach the buttons don't no why...

I also have a heap of modules that came with the interior package I picked up and wouldn't have the slightest clue wtf they're for... Don't no if I even need them?

I'm located in melbourne a western suburbs and anyone with some Insight into this and could give me some better understanding/help with this would be more than appreciated.
Anyone out there feel like giving me a hand there will be plenty of beer n food supplies ;)

Sorry about the length of this I just wanted everyone to fully understand where I am at even though there's probley still a few bits I've forgotten to mention.

Cheers guys

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
2004-2005 WL caprices are 5.7 ls1 V8`s and the 06 was fitted with the 6 litre L76 just like the VZ models.