Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will another one work

freeway29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Excutive
Hi All and a merry Xmas.
My son inlaw has a VR STATESMAN V6 and the speedo **** it self going all over the place and cant find another one so going to get it repaired but going to take awhile. What i want to know will another one fit in until he gets it fixed like a normal vr one just have to have the speedo ,temp and fuel working on it let me know thanks.

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
ask yourself... how much it cost to repair... compared to buying a replacement one off ebay...
(ive seen them go for under $100)

ANY VN-VP cluster is interchangeable...

ANY VR-VS cluster is interchangeable...

Regardless of the level...

BUT.... VN-VP clusters will NOT fit VR-VS ... and vice-versa... different wiring = bang!!!

All that concerns you is the km's on the ODO... Trying to get a new one that is the same... (or very close)

Good luck!

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Just get yourself another cluster, must be a v6 one, then swap over the trip computer blocks, this way you can retain the KMs on the odo

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
cheerz mate u too

PanthaVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S-Pack SII
Just get yourself another cluster, must be a v6 one, then swap over the trip computer blocks, this way you can retain the KMs on the odo

Agreed... and a great idea about the trip cumputer block! *thumbsup*

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
also remember to carefully unplug the ribbon cable that is connected to the trip block on the under side/bottom of the cluster before taking the block out

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
the speedo going all over the place if its a level 3 digi dash dosnt mean that its the cluster its self.......if you mean the speedo its self going up then down and all over the place?>then the prob may lay inside the gear box itself>?not a costly fix if its what i may think it could be? ive forgotten what parts needed to go into the g.box to make he speedo act normal>>>>ill get back to you when i remember

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
bad earth could do it too.

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Speedo cable is binding up and letting go, take it out and lubricate it. may be this,,,chwck all options before you replace the cluster