Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Wonder if Stinger steering fails mid-corner?

How many VF's have had the steering actually fail?
A few have lost power assistance, but you still have a direct connection from your hands to the front wheels.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
How many VF's have had the steering actually fail?
A few have lost power assistance, but you still have a direct connection from your hands to the front wheels.
i have never had any steering problems with both our vfs
for a car to be repainted as per factory standard is a big job , all glass removed, trim, lights grill ect
most likely kia will just do a mask up car yard special repaint job
if i paid 50k plus for a car that needed a repaint , i would want a new car or full refund

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
if i paid 50k plus for a car that needed a repaint , i would want a new car or full refund
Are we talking about the Stinger yellow paint thing, or the VF optional black roof thing?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
i have never had any steering problems with both our vfs
for a car to be repainted as per factory standard is a big job , all glass removed, trim, lights grill ect
most likely kia will just do a mask up car yard special repaint job
They have also said they will buy the car back if that is what you prefer.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
Are we talking about the Stinger yellow paint thing, or the VF optional black roof thing?

the black roof option on the vf was painted on the production line, no glass or trim ect was fitted, black roof painted as a bare shell
any car that's in need of being repainted, to do the job properly needs the glass trim ect removed
50k + for a car that needs a complete respray,i would not be happy forking out that much for a car with rubbish paint, i would want a refund
quality does not match the price so much for the rice
long live the king

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
the black roof option on the vf was painted on the production line, no glass or trim ect was fitted, black roof painted as a bare shell
any car that's in need of being repainted, to do the job properly needs the glass trim ect removed
50k + for a car that needs a complete respray,i would not be happy forking out for that, i would want a refund
quality does not match the price so much for the rice
long live the king
And who says they're not removing screens when they do the respray Option? The cars would go to professional panel shops. They've also, as Noeleter said offered to refund the cars price.

We already know how many people have been let down by multitudes of quality issues on Australian built cars and then let down again by lacklustre warranty response.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
And who says they're not removing screens when they do the respray Option? The cars would go to professional panel shops. They've also, as Noeleter said offered to refund the cars price.

We already know how many people have been let down by multitudes of quality issues on Australian built cars and then let down again by lacklustre warranty response.
Lacklustre warranty response - Holden as an example?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yep, definitely!

They just painted the black right over the original paint & the plastic roof-rail trim. That’s exactly why I raised it. One of the guys on here had some photos of their newly-delivered car, pretty sure it was Jungle Fever, and all the paint was cracked around the sliding plastic part you move when fitting roof-racks & you could see the black paint bridging the gap between the painted-over roof-rail trim & the metal.

Last edited: