Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
at 1:50 of that clip it looks like its started to understeer then they changed away to another scene. Anyone think it looks like a 2016 Ford Mondeo??
the clip reminds me of that Holden ad were all the knobs are praising some rebadged daewoo and proclaiming "we don't want to drive a car like our dads"

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
That Super 6 in the Audi has won engine of the year awards many times over. It's a great unit and it had to be because it replaced the 4.2l V8 in many applications.
I've seen some pretty impressive power come out of it with just a simple tune + trans tune. It's nice that VAG make power upgrades fairly cheap to do with the forced induction engines.

Yeah it’s the supercharged v6. The ve cammed Ute would need a lot of effort to run that sort of time with the tune that’s in it at the moment + the perfect launch. The Audi u just set it in dynamic mode and press the accelerator and hang on.

Sorry I haven’t learned to use the quote feature yet as most of my posting is on the iPhone.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
That Super 6 in the Audi has won engine of the year awards many times over. It's a great unit and it had to be because it replaced the 4.2l V8 in many applications.
I've seen some pretty impressive power come out of it with just a simple tune + trans tune. It's nice that VAG make power upgrades fairly cheap to do with the forced induction engines.
I don’t get the reference to Super 6 for your avid Vw testimony here on JC, the little over hyped VW is being compared (unfavourably) to the 6.2 LS3’s outright performance.
Good to hear you love ze German PR and stuff but in Australia the Super 6 is most definitely a Holden engine mate. Stop the cringe, embrace what we have (or had) FFS.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
2016 Wheels COTY was Mazda’s MX5 latest major flop universally panned except by Wheels.
USA != The Universe ... everyone else seems to have liked it. No proper sports car is going to appeal to US taste, they don't like "sporty" they like "muscle".

Anyway, COTY is about RIGHT NOW. As in, it's only about "the best car to take on a test drive for a few days". It's damned close to irrelevant if you're the person who actually owns a car & all it's potential reliability/cost issues.
A twincharged DSG Golf probably got close to winning in whatever-year-that-was ... oh, and let me think of some other notoriously unreliable cars which we could joke about probably nearly winning ... TN Magna? First Camira? P76? No that's beyond ridiculous, nobody's gonna believe any of those won.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I love my cammed Ve Ute but it’s not for everybody. I like diversity in cars. And also like diversity in people’s opinion about cars.

The Kia stinger is an emotional car I guess as it’s a movement up the scale for them. It may be still a dull drive but it’s probably less dull than the other awful cars they make. The motoring writers are judging them based on the level of improvement rather than the actual car itself.

We don’t know how good the commodore actually is until it’s gone. Real shame. The ls engines cars make some great power but IMO they aren’t the most exciting engine to pedal hard. Just my opinion I guess.

Personally I loathed cars like the golf r and Audi s and rs models until I drove one and now understand them. Great urban car to squirt away from the traffic lights keeping noise and fuel consumption low.

The only thing that worries me about these sorts of cars is they give the drivers some artificial ability and if it goes pear shaped your doing some serious speed.

dessy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SSV Redline Sedan & 2014 VW Golf R
I like diversity in cars. And also like diversity in people’s opinion about cars.

Personally I loathed cars like the golf r and Audi s and rs models until I drove one and now understand them.

Totally agree with those two comments but I consider myself a performance car guy rather than specifically a Commodore or V8 guy. On the flip side we are on a Commodore forum so it is natural and totally reasonable for those more focussed on particular cars to show their passion.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I am a performance car guy from way back, probably set the bar higher than most but the same benchmark hasn't changed over past 60 years of spark ignition motorsport: anything with a specific output => 100 HP per litre that's road registrable is good.
Of course with forced induction you factor the volumetric efficiency (boost in atmospheres x swept displacement) to realise effective displacement.
The only caveat I have is that nothing with an effective displacement less than two litres is worthwhile, except motorbikes and milk.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I'm referring to the Supercharged V6 brother. It's a great donk and well suited to making power. It doesn't take anything away from a Chevy V8 which I also own.

Despite owning a.X, I can still appreciate a Y. Kind like I love my wife but also am attracted to other women. You get it right?

I don’t get the reference to Super 6 for your avid Vw testimony here on JC, the little over hyped VW is being compared (unfavourably) to the 6.2 LS3’s outright performance.
Good to hear you love ze German PR and stuff but in Australia the Super 6 is most definitely a Holden engine mate. Stop the cringe, embrace what we have (or had) FFS.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Taking my old man for his first drive in the 17 Redline last week, came across a Stinger going the other way, first one I've seen.... Low and behold, it lives in my street!!! 5 doors down.

Last edited:

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Taking my old man for his first drive in the 17 Redline last week, came across a Stinger going the other way, first one I've seen.... Love and behold, it lives in my street!!! 5 doors down.
Put your bi-modal exhaust on and give yours a rev when you go past his house....he will do the same and your neighbors will just think he is using his leaf blower.